A/C Compressor Refrigerant Control Valve

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
Bumping up this thread as it has a lot of good information in it. Especially cleaning the original valve.

Bought a 2012 Golf last month, blew cold at the dealer but pooped out a couple of weeks ago. I purchased gauges and vacuum pump to do it right.

Things went ok until the removal of the valve, spent a lot if time wiggling and prying. 10lbs of pressure didn't help but 40lbs blew it out!

Adding the first can of R34 went as described but the 2nd one wouldn't flow into the system. I tried everything I could think of more than once but no go. I think the problem was in the adapter on the valve that goes on the can. It has a valve stem that seemingly couldn't get depressed to release the coolant. Can't for the life of me figure out why it worked on the first can and not the 2nd. Ended up using a partial can of R34 with the gauge that I had laying around. Like a dummy I didn't measure the weight before I put some in so I don't know the total amount that is in there now.

Blowing ice cold now. I don't use the air conditioning much but will turn it on often to check if it is still working.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I have a 2015 Jetta MK 6 TDI and sounds like I need to replace the valve too.
The compressor make looks to be Delphi 2K0820803A as indicated on its label. I can not find a replacement valve for it. VW doesn't have one only a new compressor.
Hope I can get one up here somewhere.
I posted here as so much write up on the problem.
Any help would be appreciated up here in Barrie Ontario Canada.

Last edited:

gassprint1

TDI
2006 jetta
I have a 2015 Jetta MK 6 TDI and sounds like I need to replace the valve too.
The compressor make looks to be Delphi 2K0820803A as indicated on its label. I can not find a replacement valve for it. VW doesn't have one only a new compressor.
Hope I can get one up here somewhere.
I posted here as so much write up on the problem.
Any help would be appreciated up here in Barrie Ontario Canada.

Look at top of your valve and you'll see which one you have from polar bear inc website. They are outa florida.

WVDiesel

TDI
Jetta, 2005.5, Black