Alh turbo

thibault

Veteran Member
TDI
thibault, you could check prices at Dutch Auto Parts, Frans has really good prices. About 1/2 the cost you have quoted above.
Website store is down can't see any turbos or prices. Are they Garrett turbos ?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My math (may be wrong) shows you could get a Mahle VNT-15 from us this weekend shipped to your door for about $960 CAD. Keep in mind that with a VNT-17 you also have to deal with the different turbo exit, either with an adapter or a new hose.

thibault

Veteran Member
TDI
My math (may be wrong) shows you could get a Mahle VNT-15 from us this weekend shipped to your door for about $960 CAD. Keep in mind that with a VNT-17 you also have to deal with the different turbo exit, either with an adapter or a new hose.
yeah i want to stick with a Garrett i think i may bring it to a shop to get looked at. They put a used vnt-15 in last year but unfortunately no estimate on how long the turbo would last.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If my turbo blows tomorrow, I'd go Dutch, unless I fell across a good used for like a hundred.
Because- I believe they have better access to parts, they deal with so many more diesel vehicles and they seem to have proper tools/machines to do the job.

thibault

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm still not 100% sure if its my turbo yet the cars been confusing me. Turbo is tight no play at all and no signs of oil on the turbo fins.no oil in the intercooler piping Oil is in the intercooler I drained it then some more is in it again. I check oil it's down I take it for a drive let it sit for a bit than check oil and it's up again and so on makes zero sense. I put a temp catch can on to see if it had blowby zero oil in my catch can. Im probably going to have to bring it to a shop I'm confused.