'01 Golf Seat Question

ryth

TDI
2001 Golf
hey guys,
looking to buy some seats, but I became aware of the connector change in the seat air bags, so want to make sure i buy the right ones.
Based on the pictures below, can anyone tell me if it's the same connector? Top is my seat connector, bottom is the sellers.
my seats:

seller seats:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Different plugs and different pins, so you can't even pull out the pins and swap housings. The only way to make it work is to cut & splice the wires.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Cut and splice. I did this to mine years ago. Easy to do, just make sure you do a proper connection (solder and heat shrink tubing) and make sure the seller leaves the connectors with the seats and cuts the wiring far enough.

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
If you can get your hands on a scrap car all you need to do is find the plugs you need cut them out and make a adapter via splicing the two different plugs together. this prevents yo ufrom doing any cutting and splicing of any wires on the car.

I have done this before with my 02 golf where i used 01 GTI seats.

am in the process of doing it again with my 03 wagon.

ryth

TDI
2001 Golf
If you can get your hands on a scrap car all you need to do is find the plugs you need cut them out and make a adapter via splicing the two different plugs together. this prevents yo ufrom doing any cutting and splicing of any wires on the car.

I have done this before with my 02 golf where i used 01 GTI seats.

am in the process of doing it again with my 03 wagon.
Thats a good idea, but i'd need two sets of scrap seats which might be hard to come by.

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
ok so your car/seats are for 99-01.

the seats you got are from 02+

are you planning to keep your existing seats?

if not than cut the airbag harness from them than splice it to the car side harness from a wrecked 02+ car.

I'm doing the reverse possibly putting 01 gti seat in my 03 wagon.

ryth

TDI
2001 Golf
ok so your car/seats are for 99-01.

the seats you got are from 02+

are you planning to keep your existing seats?

if not than cut the airbag harness from them than splice it to the car side harness from a wrecked 02+ car.

I'm doing the reverse possibly putting 01 gti seat in my 03 wagon.
Yeah was just pondering that. Going to check out a yard this weekend to see what I can find. Appreciate your help. Ordered a new soldering kit and everything :)