Diesel pump. Leakage

lucas413

TDI
Jetta TDI, 2003
Hi Experts, I have Jetta TDI 2003, The diesel pump is leaking diesel, Do not leak large quantity the car works well. I see some Tutorials in YouTube to change replace the gaskets. I buy the kid of gaskets (VW Jetta Golf 1.9 TDI MK4 ALH Injection Pump Reseal Seal Kit Bosch 2467010003),I see that there are many, which I recommend replacing. any Idea about to the tools, What tools do I need for this purpose?. any Idea thanks by you support.

Lucas

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
First determine if you'll remove the pump (recommend) or do it on the car. If you take it off the car you'll need tooling to redo timing. You may need a security bit to get the top cover off. Other than that, basic tools.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
I buy the kid of gaskets (VW Jetta Golf 1.9 TDI MK4 ALH Injection Pump Reseal Seal Kit Bosch 2467010003),I see that there are many, which I recommend replacing.
Lucas
All of the black seals can and should be done without removing the pump from the car. The large green o-ring is the pump head seal which can also be done on-car.

There are a couple of tools required including VCDS software from ross-tech.com

I have one customer that made it here all the way from Guadalajara on one tank of fuel.
:D