2013 Passat NMS TDI - Door Latch

pchamel

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I'm having a problem with my front passenger door not locking. Every time I go over 10mph the doors click to lock even when they are already locked.
Dealer said the lock actuator needs to be replaced.

Part numbers are:
5K1-837-016-E for the lock/actuator
5K0-837-350-B for the cap/cover

I've found the parts online and have found videos on how to remove the door panel. But I can't find any videos/instructions on how to remove/replace the actuator itself.

Is this a fairly straightforward process? Dealer wants 180 for the parts and another 300 for labor.

Also, once the new lock is in place, is there any programming that needs to be done?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
open the door look at the latch should be 2 or 3 hex bolts, there are things connected to it so be careful don't let it fall

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the passenger back door controls the front locking functions

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I had to change it on my 2013 Passat. I found the part on eBay for $50 shipped and swapped it myself. $300 for labor is way too much. I changed the part myself in less than an hour. The hardest part was getting the actuator out of the door and it wasn't too bad. If you don't have the bits to remove the actuator go to Harbor Freight and buy the multitool kit with the bits in it.