4V vs 2V

morpwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG Highline Red w/tan
I have read that a stock 2.0 BKD 4V head will outflow a ported 1.9 2V head. Anybody have some actual experience or flow numbers? Please and thank you.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
If I recall correctly, stock for stock the 4v head flows ~30% more at all valve lifts while still maintaining good swirl/tumble/etc.

You can make a 2v flow as much or more than a 4v, but there will be compromises.

morpwr

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank you

OK thank you gentleman for the info. I did PM Marko but no reply. I will look on his website. 30% sounds pretty good with a 2056, looks like easy 200 WHP. England here I come.

morpwr

Veteran Member
TDI
You are right

Yes FUB at low lifts the flow is considerably more than 2V. I am surprised the CR head ouflows it at higher lifts. Hopefully some porting will fix that. Leaving for England on Friday. My cousin has a friend who has a VW braking yard. Looking forward to finding a C series PD 16V head assembly and a GTB 2056. When I get back, I will finish up converting my 7.5mm BRM injectors to 9mm. I want to keep my injector pressure stock with larger nozzles. Thank you again for pointing me to his information. Stephen

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
you wont get a 2056 in the UK and beware buying used BKD heads, get one from a later BMN.

Please elaborate on the 9mm plunger :)

Zombie_TDI

TDI
Will a stock 2.0 16v head fit on a 1.9 8v engine then? I thought the swirl pots were in a different place or am I getting confused?

I would be interested in a 16v conversion if it gave better power..

morpwr

Veteran Member
TDI
More Info

The 16V head will bolt onto the 1.9 8V block. Ryan from Darkside confirmed this some time ago. You also need to bore the block for the 2.0 16V pistons, because of the valves and injectors. This basically gives you a Euro 2.0 16V PD motor. Probably alot of work, but it looks like a fun project.
Ryan as far as the 9mm pistons, I am working with a friend on converting my 7.5mm BRM injectors to 9mm. I am going to stop into your store while in England to pick up a 3 and 4 bar sensor. Love my aunt and uncle but got to see some real TDI stuff. Hopefully I can see your 13 second MK5 with the BKD. Thank you for the tip on he BMN. I thought as long as the casting was the later C one they dont crack.

Last edited: