door wiring harness

that98TDIthough

TDI
1998 Jetta
moving down my punch list....

75% of my windows are working :) I'd like to get em all working, crazy I know...

Driver rear is the focal point right now.

It just doesn't do anything when I try to operate it, neither with door or dash switch.

I looked at the wiring in the door jam and it looks like it's been cut n spliced a few times. I'd like to buy fresh wiring from the door jam on into the door where it connects to the motor and switch. Can that be purchased? I did some googling without success. I'll keep digging.

If anyone has purchased that at a reasonable price, would love a tip.

Thanks!

RoseBud68

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 mk3 Jetta 1.9
You can pull that wire harness from your local Pick and Pull if you have one. Other wise the next best thing is check to Vortex classifieds, lots of folks parting out cars.

that98TDIthough

TDI
1998 Jetta
Ok, good tips. There are actually a lot of junk yards in my area. Guess I'll give that a shot if no other great leads on a fresh harness.

You can pull that wire harness from your local Pick and Pull if you have one. Other wise the next best thing is check to Vortex classifieds, lots of folks parting out cars.

floater62

TDI
96’ B4V .RIP “Stella” 1997 Windsor blue B4
On my Passat the driver rear window wasn't working when I got it. I noticed the driver front wiring harness was damaged when I replaced the front window regulator. Repaired the connection with solder and heat shrink tubing, and now the rear window works. No idea if that is a coincidence or if something in the front door harness has to do with the rear. Regardless, check those wires in the door accordions. I had a bit of a freak out when I turned the key and that back window rolled down. I was worried it wouldn't go back up! Now I have a new problem, all the windows work, with the switches and key in the door, but they won't work when I turn the key off,and try to roll up the windows before I open the doors.