Doing buyback? Good tires? I can use them! Asheville +/- 120 miles

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
Do you really think VWoA will crush these cars?

There will be a lot of happy drivers in Africa, Mexico will get a few. Some cleaver individual will approach VW and buy them up wholesale to resell, container after container are filled here in the States and sent overseas, weekly.

Sounds like the ethnics will be getting them I guess

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Do you really think VWoA will crush these cars?
There will be a lot of happy drivers in Africa, Mexico will get a few. Some cleaver individual will approach VW and buy them up wholesale to resell, container after container are filled here in the States and sent overseas, weekly.
In order to ship the vehicles out of the country, they first have to be fixed. To date, fixes have only been approved for 2015s and late model 3.0 V6s. So no, they aren't sending containers of them overseas weekly, and no, they can't send containers of them overseas unless they fix them.

According to one thread, the crushing has already started. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=474999

Last edited:

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
Idk, Ward always seemed like a savvy businessman though I don't recall ever knowing what he actually did.

Sent from my mobile look-at device
Maybe he was a used VW salesman

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I bought new wheels/tires for my 04 Jetta and put the crappy wheels and bald tires on the Passat before turning it in. I bought new 16" Hakkapeliitta snows (on Tiguan wheels) last year so I have 2 full sets of nice wheels/tires that I kept (19" Audi wheels). I pulled every accessory I purchased other than the H&R springs, foglight wiring harness and the custom rear fog LEDs.
Buyback rep never looked at the tires or opened the hood. Took pics of the miles and several shots around the car.