Farewell TDI Forum

Costello

TDI
no longer
You guys are really pooping in Costello's farewell.
Thanks for that - but it's kinda amusing. :rolleyes:

I bought a 2016 Avalon V6. Motor reminds me a bit of the Yamaha motor in the '89 Taurus SHO I used to have. Plenty of power, too heavy, corners like a pig, but cruises nice. Needed the room, as my parents are aging. Wanted a car that's easier for them to get in and out of. I'm posting solid MPG's in the 29 - 30 range on a daily 100 mile commute. If it holds up anything like my '02 Tacoma 229K miles, DW's '11 RAV4 125K miles, I'll be pleased.

I still miss the Passat. VAG rep told me at the dealership - no path forward for repair of the 2012. Just a damn shame. Tired of seeing all the diesel pickups around here with the emission deletes, chipped and subway sized pipes.

I'll post my farewell Passat photo asap.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
and vw stated that we only get paid if there is a fix, no fix- vw doesn't have to pay- huge way out for them!

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
and vw stated that we only get paid if there is a fix, no fix- vw doesn't have to pay- huge way out for them!
jrm,
If it isn't asking too much, would you provide a cut and paste quote to substantiate that comment?

I only ask because that loophole flies in the face of all I have read regarding the settlement by VAG.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
it was on the vw claims portal, they have changed and removed a lot of verbiage. It now simply says vw will contact you for the next step. It used to read something like "When / and only If all 50 states agree to the fix, vw will then contact you for the approved fix"

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
I envy tdiatlast for having wind power to recharge his vehicle. That is the only way to go and claim it is clean. In our part of the country 99% of the power is from dams so power it is also clean. But if you have an electric vehicle in many places in the country where electricity is generated from hydrocarbon power plants, the vehicle owners can't brag that their vehicle is clean, because hydrocarbons are burned to generate the electricity to charge their vehicles. For me a EV is not practical because I drive father than most vehicles can go, unless you can afforded a $65,000 Tesla, and I do tow a trailer with the Harley at times.
If you want to fix the environment stop eating beef!

Watch the docu "Cowspiracy", you'll see your engine isn't the real culprit, you may even become a vegetarian!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
afarfalla: You're correct. I can't believe no one has invented a...a...(can't resist...)
Cattle-ytic convertor!!!!!!!!!!!

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
afarfalla: You're correct. I can't believe no one has invented a...a...(can't resist...)
Cattle-ytic convertor!!!!!!!!!!!
very good Seinfeld...I see the Chevy Equinox will have a 1.6L diesel option in 18, now I see why VW got burn't

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
It is amazing how a simple innocent statement can bring out such weird statements from people like alarfalla. Not sure where his statement came from or what point he is trying to make. I am not a tree hugger by no means, and I am definitely not going to stop eating my favorite food, beef. But there is nothing wrong with complementing someone on how he is a bit more energy efficient and independent. If I still had my 44 acres, I would have windmills and solar panels, but now that I am on an HOA and on a golf course, that is not an option. But it is also my choice to live where I do. I have driven VW diesels from the very first VW Rabbit 1.6 diesel to many TDI's and non TDI diesels and I bought them for the mileage. You didn't purchase a 1.6 Rabbit diesel for the performance, but I loved the 50 MPG. I have owned a logging company in my day but I also didn't believe in tearing up the forest to get the timber out. Tried to have the least impact on the land as possible, and because of this I had more business that I could handle and did very well. So yes I do care about the environment and still was able to make a living from that same environment.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
It is amazing how a simple innocent statement can bring out such weird statements from people like alarfalla. Not sure where his statement came from or what point he is trying to make. I am not a tree hugger by no means, and I am definitely not going to stop eating my favorite food, beef. But there is nothing wrong with complementing someone on how he is a bit more energy efficient and independent. If I still had my 44 acres, I would have windmills and solar panels, but now that I am on an HOA and on a golf course, that is not an option. But it is also my choice to live where I do. I have driven VW diesels from the very first VW Rabbit 1.6 diesel to many TDI's and non TDI diesels and I bought them for the mileage. You didn't purchase a 1.6 Rabbit diesel for the performance, but I loved the 50 MPG. I have owned a logging company in my day but I also didn't believe in tearing up the forest to get the timber out. Tried to have the least impact on the land as possible, and because of this I had more business that I could handle and did very well. So yes I do care about the environment and still was able to make a living from that same environment.
Its a farewell to TDI post, we got side tracked a little with the environment, it happens a lot on the forum, nobody seems to mind. The only comment I can make on my "weird statement" is my IQ must be higher than yours.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I bid you farewell and wish you well.

tc1uscg

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD TO VW
If you want to fix the environment stop eating beef!
Watch the docu "Cowspiracy", you'll see your engine isn't the real culprit, you may even become a vegetarian!
Better yet, watch Food Inc. Will the way you look at McDonlds, Tyson and a host of others. :cool: