MK5 PD engine boost Gauge install...

evangelos

Veteran Member
TDI
none yet
hello all,

i am looking for a particular tube to splice into to to get the proper reading.

if you can suggest which "color" should be used and educate me on the reason this is.

color black, green or read.

thanks

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Neither of those will work. You need to tap into the charge piping somewhere, or use an "electric" boost gauge and tap into the MAP sensor wire. IIRC, those colors are as follows:
BLACK- Goes back to the airbox as a N75 vent line
GREEN- That is the vacuum source from the tandem pump so the N75 can pull on the actuator
RED- That line goes to the turbo actuator itself.

--edit-- damn, FUB beat me to it...

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Listen to them ^ on the MK5 PD the upper IC pipe or near the intake manifold is easiest. A pic on the other side of the motor for you where my old stuff was tapped.

My gauge now is tapped directly into the Intake manifold at (middle right).

evangelos

Veteran Member
TDI
none yet
i need to rephrase this.

i tap into the plastic top intercooler pipe -> install my BoostValve -> then the tube leaving the Boostvalve must be attached to a hose such as my setup on my mk4 as seen below.

the mk5 setup does not follow the identical setup?

evan

Last edited:

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
Trying to get a little clarity on this exact topic. I have an '06 BRM TDI. Installed a NewSouth 0-30 boost gauge today. I've tapped the threaded fitting into the plastic charge pipe between intercooler and manifold. Question: do you have to splice a t-fitting to GREEN or can you just go direct from charge pipe to gauge with single hose?

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Tube should go from where you tapped into the charge side right to your gauge. Little tip put a little bit of cotton from a qtip in the line to avoid gauge rattle from the boost. If it’s a mechanical gauge.

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
Tube should go from where you tapped into the charge side right to your gauge. Little tip put a little bit of cotton from a qtip in the line to avoid gauge rattle from the boost. If it’s a mechanical gauge.

Yes, it’s mechanical. Going to disconnect the hose from gauge and make sure the gauge isn’t fubar using a hand pump. Just wanted to doublecheck and make sure hose routing was correct first. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
The pic at the top of the thread are vacuum tubes and shouldn’t be used unless you only looking for vacuum. Diesels do not make vacuum naturally which is why they have pumps run by the cam. Most ASV delete kits have a hole tapped for a boost line. Maybe look into one of those unless you don’t want to delete anything.

Ps use a small amount of compressed air to move the gauge not a vac pump.

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
The pic at the top of the thread are vacuum tubes and shouldn’t be used unless you only looking for vacuum. Diesels do not make vacuum naturally which is why they have pumps run by the cam. Most ASV delete kits have a hole tapped for a boost line. Maybe look into one of those unless you don’t want to delete anything.

Ps use a small amount of compressed air to move the gauge not a vac pump.

I already have an EGR and ASV delete. Didn’t get one with a pre-tapped pipe flange and should have looking back now

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
On a side note, I know for a fact my turbo actuator needs an adjustment. I have the infamous boost jump around 1800 rpm. It’s like nothing is happening then all of the sudden BOOM lots of boost

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
Probably sticky veins more than the actuator. They are electronic on brms.

Have you had the oil checked for cam wear?

Negative. I also know I have pretty bad cam wear. Trying to drive the car as little as possible. If I remember correctly, this was the #1