2015 Q7 keyfob programming?

turbotec

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2015 Audi Q7
New owner of a 2015 Q7. It only came with 1 key! Id like to see if I can make a new keyfob work without going to the dealer being that its 300 miles away. I have had luck with my 2001 & 2002 Jetta's with Vagtacho and VCDS (im sure its quite different than newer vehicles). I know that the programming of the keyfob part is different than the IMMO stuff. Any chance of doing this stuff on my own?? Or maybe even somewhere else than the Dealer.

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
I have 2 Q5's. One came with only 1 key. That is a disaster waiting to happen. I ended up at the dealership. Most of the premium locksmiths in Charlotte said they could program the fob until I told them that the car had push button start. does you Q7 have that or do you have to use the key? Vagtacho should be able to program it. The key fob from the dealership was $350 and they were able to cut the key from the VIN (had to be special ordered)and it was another $150 to get programed.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I agree, just have any keys made you want (they can do this by VIN), and ordered in, then when they arrive just schedule a time to go in and have them pair them all up.