2015 Passat TDI SE For Sale in CT

Snizzbob

TDI
2015 Passat TDI DSG
For sale is a 2015 Passat TDI. Really hate to get rid of it, but I'm retiring and will no longer be doing that much driving. It is a 2015 Passat TDI with 146k on it with the DSG transmission. Everything works like it should, its the platinum gray with a sunroof.Timing belt, DSG service done at 132k. It has had oil changes at around every 7500 miles. The car has the stage 1+ Kerma tune, and will come with the programmer and 3 vehicle Ross Tech cable with only one used so far. I would be open to someone just assuming the loan with no other money down. The loan has around 12K left, I'm not sure what the actual pay off is. If you would like pics messenger me with you e-mail and Ill send them.

Since a Price is required, I'll put $12k, but I would rather just have someone take over the loan.

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
I keep my finger on the pulse of 2015 Passat TDI values. I always wanted to make sure my loan balance stayed below the value of the car. At the beginning of this covid thing, I made the determination that my car was worth around $12k. I paid it off when I was laid off so I could stuff it under a cover in my garage. I don't need 42 MPG going nowhere. I looked a few days ago, and now I think my value is more realistically at $11k. You've got an extra 102,000 miles from where I am at! That is going to be a huge hit, and I'm honestly not sure how much. I have not seen a 2015 with that many miles for a very long time.

If you are seriously going to sell it, you definately will need to find at least an additional $5k to throw in with your buyer. Assuming the loan? I'm 49 and assumable consumer loans has been a product that has been virtually non-existant in my adult life. Depending on your state, you may be able to transfer the title to the car while keeping the loan in place, but the responsibility of the loan will be yours forever. Trust me, if you attempt this, you will regret it. Yes, not might regret or could regret, you WILL REGRET! My advise comes from my own experience. I made that mistake once...ONCE!!!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Quincy is spot on. With those kind of miles, realistically it's worth about 7k, maybe 7.5k on a good day - at best.

Good luck with your sale, but if there IS any kind of a sale, it'll have to be much less than 12k.

Kirk

01VDUBTDI

TDI
01 TDI JETTA
You can buy a 2015 se with 50k miles at that price. Your best bet is to drive it till the wheels off....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Retiring with a car that isn't paid off? Well at least you get to retire (I won't...but at least I don't owe anything on my cars :eek: ).

You may have to come up with some cash of your own to sell it to offset the balance, because I fear you may be upside down. Do you have other transportation, or are you just not planning on going anywhere at all?

I think I'd want to keep it myself, but I understand if your situation doesn't make this ideal. Unfortunately, the fire sale prices of late TDIs has softened the market quite a bit.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW