'98 TDI Jetta Manual Trans For Sale Wisconsin

GDZLA

TDI
'04 Passat Wagon, '98Jetta
This is a 1998 VW Jetta TDI. $1100 OBO
MANUAL Transmission 4 door. Clean Title.
This car is NOT in perfect shape but is a reliable everyday driver getting 40mpg or more depending on how it's driven. It can be used for parts but I will not part it out and will only sell complete.
I originally bought this back in April of 2001 used and I am just the second owner. Still have the original sales receipt from when I bought it.
Oil changed ever 5000 miles using full synthetic.
Motor runs great and does not smoke under normal driving. It will dump smoke if you stomp on it. Last receipt I have for timing belt is at 160125 miles done back in '08. I normally had it done every 80k but can't find the last one. So maybe it's due.
In the spirit of full disclosure there are a few things that a potential buyer needs to be aware of. I bought this thing back in 2001 with 55k miles and as far as I know it still has the original factory clutch. I've never replaced it. That being said I grinds going into 1st from a dead stop. But if I lash into 2nd (no grinding) then up into first no grinding the trans works smoothly for the rest of the gears as needed. I've been driving it like this for 10 years. Remote locks don't work. I have two fobs maybe the batteries need changing. EGR delete kit installed. There is occasionally exhaust that creeps into the back seat area. The gas gage wont go down past quarter full after filling up. So I know that after filling up with 11 gallons (it shows full) I can safely go at least 400 miles before needing fuel. Yes there is rust around the thing and a hub cap is missing and.....well you get the picture.
I have this listed on Facebook Marketplace if you want pictures. Or if you prefer I can Email pics to you.
Thanks for looking.

If you may be interested please reply via my E-Mail.

SOLD 8-1-20 SOLD

Last edited:

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
grinds going into 1st from a dead stop. But if I lash into 2nd (no grinding) then up into first no grinding the trans works smoothly for the rest of the gears as needed. I've been driving it like this for 10 years.

Not unusual at all. GLWS.