FS: 2005 Passat GLS $14,500 OBO

bigtex

TDI
Passat, 2005, blue (Sold)
I just bought an '08 Passat today (2.0 gasser) so I need to sell my '05 TDI because I don't have the garage room for them both.

This is a one owner car in Texas. It currently has 117,000 miles. It is a Blue Graphite GLS with anthracite (dark gray) leatherette interior. It has been maintained by the book. Oil changes every 10K using Motul 505.01. Fuel and pollen filter every 20K. Air filter every 40K. Brake fluid was flushed once in '07. All parts were bought from World Impex and receipts will be included with sale. The timing belt, waterpump, rollers, etc. were replaced at 100K with a Dieselgeek kit by Steve in Ft. Worth. Transmission fluid and filter were replaced at 100K as well. He also replaced the intake, installed an EGR delete kit, and did an Alligator tune.

The car is a long-distance commuter and is extremely clean inside and out. There are no dents or dings and it has never been in an accident of any kind. There are minor chips on the front clip because of the constant interstate travel. I recently replaced both fog lights because they had rock chips and one was severely cracked. The headlights are holding up much better and only have some very minor chips. The passenger and rear seats have hardly ever been used. Tires are Michelin Exalto's and have 80% of their tread left. I have the phatnoise or whatever it's called music system with the cradle/literature/disks that will be included. Windows are tinted. It has one of those plastic trunk liners as well.

I know the car is worth more than this, but I need to sell it quickly so I'm asking $14,500 or best offer. I'll give it a week here before I try other options because I would like it to go to an enthusiast. I have the title.

I also already have the 40K service parts (oil, filter, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter) for when it gets to 120K, and I will include them if I sell it before it gets to 120K.

Thanks for looking and here are some picks. This will be an excellent car for someone. Please PM me if you have any questions.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
bigtex said:
I know the car is worth more than this, but I need to sell it quickly so I'm asking $14,500 or best offer. I'll give it a week here before I try other options because I would like it to go to an enthusiast.
Should be a quick sale at that price. Again, nice car.

bigtex

TDI
Thanks!

Here are some interior picks I snapped today, the interior looks lighter gray than it actually is:

And one pic of my new one!

bigtex

TDI
tmleadr03 said:
I know a lot the VW dont come with it but does yours have adjustable lumbar support?
The seats are not power, but you can adjust lumbar a little with the manual knob on the sides of the seat.

sabaranski

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. See signature.
Hey bigtex - I've heard lots of places are wheelin' and dealin' on the "new " Passats, so you may have gotten a great deal on a nice ride. Since you've driven both now, what are your thoughts? I'm concerned that the new one is too big, and that's why I'm holding on to my B5 TDI for a while.

lord_snot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf, 1999 Beetle
If I hadn't just dropped a few grand on a new engine, I'd be really tempted to buy this car. Great price!

bigtex

TDI
Sale pending to forum member from Colorado.

tmleader03 is next in line if deal falls through.

Glad this car can go to someone who will take care of it.:)

bigtex

TDI
sabaranski said:
Hey bigtex - I've heard lots of places are wheelin' and dealin' on the "new " Passats, so you may have gotten a great deal on a nice ride. Since you've driven both now, what are your thoughts? I'm concerned that the new one is too big, and that's why I'm holding on to my B5 TDI for a while.
I like the exterior looks of my new B6 better only because it has what they call the "high definition" body kit. Without it, I think the new Passats look pretty boring compared to the B5's. Yes, they are dealing right now and you can get 0% interest for 36 months and $1,000 loyalty along with any reduction off of MSRP (only until June 30th).

I think my old B5 is a much better highway cruiser and feels much more solid at 80 MPH than my new one. It's hard to compare city driving because I'm going from a chipped diesel to a stock 2.0 gasser. I would prefer the same PD engine or the new common rail in my new car over any gas engine, but it wasn't an option. I would have kept my B5 much longer, but I was exceeding my mileage limit and my employer was pressing me to get a new car.

If I had to pick one of the cars to take on a trip to California tomorrow, I would take the B5 in a heartbeat. And not just because of the fuel savings. That probably tells you all you need.

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
That 2.0T engine needs premium to extract the full potential. The extra octane allows for the FSI part of the engine to work as intended. It is a very lively engine and I saw a post someplace where a person got @ 37 MPG with the new B6/2.0T combo. Pretty impressive.

I used to own a B5 1.8T and we briefly drove around in a B6 2.0T. I was very impressed with the B6. Good luck with your new ride. Gotta love those 'low ego emmisions' too.

-Mike 2005.5 A5 Jetta TDI 5m Rc1++

bigtex

TDI
SOLD!

He flew in from Colorado today and is driving it back home.

Sorry to the other bidders, but he was the first to agree to the asking price.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
bigtex said:
I like the exterior looks of my new B6 better only because it has what they call the "high definition" body kit. Without it, I think the new Passats look pretty boring compared to the B5's. Yes, they are dealing right now and you can get 0% interest for 36 months and $1,000 loyalty along with any reduction off of MSRP (only until June 30th).

I think my old B5 is a much better highway cruiser and feels much more solid at 80 MPH than my new one. It's hard to compare city driving because I'm going from a chipped diesel to a stock 2.0 gasser. I would prefer the same PD engine or the new common rail in my new car over any gas engine, but it wasn't an option. I would have kept my B5 much longer, but I was exceeding my mileage limit and my employer was pressing me to get a new car.

If I had to pick one of the cars to take on a trip to California tomorrow, I would take the B5 in a heartbeat. And not just because of the fuel savings. That probably tells you all you need.
Congrats on the sale, bigtex. Man, I would have preferred you to get into a low mileage 06.5 Jetta TDI rather than a Passat gasser but, don't mind me, I am so fricken biased it's not even phunny, know whadda mean? ;) Later!

bigtex

TDI
Harvieux said:
Congrats on the sale, bigtex. Man, I would have preferred you to get into a low mileage 06.5 Jetta TDI rather than a Passat gasser but, don't mind me, I am so fricken biased it's not even phunny, know whadda mean? ;) Later!
My brother lives near Riverside and is doing his residency at Loma Linda and I am planning a road trip out to visit him. I almost called you to see if you wanted to check out the car while I was out there and make an offer.

Then I thought you would just be tire-kickin and looky-looin and decided against it.:) Just kiddin. It sold too fast and now I'm leaving tomorrow tomorrow in my new B6.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
bigtex said:
My brother lives near Riverside and is doing his residency at Loma Linda and I am planning a road trip out to visit him. I almost called you to see if you wanted to check out the car while I was out there and make an offer.

Then I thought you would just be tire-kickin and looky-looin and decided against it.:) Just kiddin. It sold too fast and now I'm leaving tomorrow tomorrow in my new B6.
Yup, I resemble that remark, eh? :D Later!

TDIinTexas

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2010 JSW TDI
I knew I should have contacted you earlier, Steve was going to give me your contact info. We are looking at trading the Bug for a clean Passat, yours looks like it would have fit like a glove...