Need 012 trans parts

dieselbeavis

TDI
2001 golf tdi;2005 VW Passat TDI
Need FHN/GGB 012 transmission parts(synchros and seals as far as I know). Any one know who might have these in US or in Europe but will ship?
I'm on my second manual transmission for a passat wagon and I really like the car when it works. First trans was a swap kit from Franz with a FHN and i popped it in loaded it up with synthetic valvoline gear oil and the synchros went after 25k(the valeo clutch also slipped). got a GGB and it is now going bad on downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear after 13k miles with Redline MTL trans oil.
Neither shifted well from 1st to 2nd to start but still surprised how quickly they have crapped out.:confused:

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
See if the euro guys can give you part numbers, i wouldnt be shocked if you can get them state side. I seem to remember Porsche used some of the transmission parts and the msrp was cheaper than vw/audi.

Also try oem vw/audi mtf next time. I use redline but im also using cheap dvz transmissions. In less than a year my expensive as crap Whitbread/fx300 clutch started slipping bad on my stage 2 tune. Once removed i found the pressue plate has little to no pressue on the clutch disk. It sat nearly flush with the flywheel mating surface when all the bolts were removed. I just mailed it back to clutch masters for inspection. I suspect its a rare issue, things happen but Matt believed they would warranty it so that's really good. Up until then the car handled like a champ. Im all for supporting a good product but a good product with a manufacturer that stands behind it is even better.

Clutch master doesn't make the pressue plates, they are sachs plates.

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I never changed the oil in my FHN and has been fine for over 4 years now. Have you tried using EO VW oil instead of these "boutique" oils?