Making sure

Scott_Martinez

TDI
2002 Jetta, 76 300d
My wifes '03 Beetle is throwing a fault code 17964. I did break the little nipple on the valve on the booster hose while changing the air filter and not catch it right away. I also had replaced the injector pump seal right about this same time. I replaced the hose a week or so later, but never got the full turbo back. The actual MAP (Group 11) is about 1/2 what Vag-Com say's they are supposed to be at idle. I am wondering what I missed or if the N75 just happen to fail about this same time. I was trying to see if I could get the MAP reading up by plugging the vacuum hose to the turbo, but it remained mostly unchanged. The rest of the vacuum lines including to the reservoir seem fine. I feel like this is something I missed from the previous repairs, but it all looks good. Anything thoughts on what I should check next?

Thanks,
Scott

chromeBuddha

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual
If you replaced the valve that you broke the nipple off, did you make sure you oriented correctly. I think it is a one-way valve and if backward wouldn't allow vac through.

Scott_Martinez

TDI
2002 Jetta, 76 300d
If you replaced the valve that you broke the nipple off, did you make sure you oriented correctly. I think it is a one-way valve and if backward wouldn't allow vac through.
The booster hose came with the valve in place. I wondered about another check valve that tee'd off and went to the vacuum reservoir, but I don't think I ever touched that. I have vacuum at the N75. I think I just need to get the car on a lift or blocks to see what's happening around the turbo. I seem to have low end power, just no boost.