Oil Change Kit Price Change?

clean97z

TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg 2
I haven't bought a kit since the first oil change back in 2006(purchased 2 at once) from WorldImpex, but I remember it being only like $35 for the 2005.5 & up Jettas. I go back today and it is $52. When did this change? The savings from the reduced number of oil changes isn't so great anymore.

Last edited:

clean97z

TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg 2
Since I haven't gotten a response. Where are most people purchasing the oil and filter from?

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
clean97z said:
Since I haven't gotten a response. Where are most people purchasing the oil and filter from?
or go to the dealer if you dont want to pay shipping. I paid 5x$6.00 ( Castrol SLX OEM Proffesional) + $10.00 for the filter

clean97z

TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg 2
Thanks for the replies. For now I'll switch to the elf to save a little cash.

The last time I purchased the motul kit with the filter and plug for under $40. I was just shocked to see the price move so much.

GRdiesel

TDI
06 Jetta
clean97z said:
Thanks for the replies. For now I'll switch to the elf to save a little cash.

The last time I purchased the motul kit with the filter and plug for under $40. I was just shocked to see the price move so much.
I initially bought the kit with Motule a few years ago. As I recall then, I was told that ELF & Motule were the same price. A year later I discovered ELF was about $15 less. Been using ELF since.