need help identifying a few loose electrical connectors

mason097

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
Hi, I have a 99.5 jetta tdi, and I'm tired of all these dingleberries. 2 of them have bulbs in them and are on the front left and right of the engine bay, but I don't think they are for the headlight or marker lights. Could they be under-hood lights? The wires are colored white/blackstripe and tan on the left and white/redstripe and tan of the right.
The other connector is more concerning, it is 2 pronged and hanging out near the battery. The wires are red/green and tan/black.
My engine is doing just fine, I get 50+ mpg, so it's not critical, but I do want to sort them out. Any help would be appreciated.
The one near the battery...

Pass. Side

Driver Side

Last edited:

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
The three bottom pics are the connectors for your side markers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mason097

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
The side markers nearest the door are functional, I thought the ones on the bumper were just reflectors. Are these for the bumper markers?

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
ok good, any idea about the other one?

I can’t tell by the photo but is your car a manual? If it is, that connector might be for your reverse light switch ( on the selector tower )

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
[emoji106]

It also looks like part of your side marker is still attached (broke off) to your bulb connector. Your gonna have to replace them

mason097

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
yes, I'm getting a whole new set of marker lights, the last owner painted them black 0_o... rockauto has them really cheap, under 10 bucks for all 4 lenses. Thank you for your help.

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh
pretty sure the first one goes to the starter solenoid.... actually I'm probably wrong but I'll go check for u.