tech.vw.com is closed. docs can be purchased now.

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI
You know, it wouldn't bother me so much if more than a (very) few dealer service reps read those documents
I guess it's not enought that they got the cash we paid for our cars, now they want a bigger piece of the action when we work on them ourselves. This from the company that says the Audi A2's "service module" (which provides access to check and add fluids) will allow them to seal the engine compartment between scheduled maintenances. . .

[ April 18, 2001: Message edited by: Dante Driver ]

Bug

TDI
2013 New Beetle Convertible, 2015 Passat TDI SE
Hey all,
I'm not one to be passive, so here's what I did:

I went to this URL:
http://www.volkswagen.de/international/english/index_2.htm

and clicked on the little "With a Click:" box in the bottom left corner of the window. I then clicked on the little "contact" box and left the following message:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gentlemen,
It's too bad that you have discontinued the tech.vw.com website in the US. We VW owners are a well informed lot and tend to study our vehicles. In fact, we quite often know much more than our dealers do when it comes to our cars. It is truly a shame. This site has been invaluable to us in the past - especially given the ubiquitous bad service that we receive here in the States. We love your cars, but we don't like your service. This move doesn't help.

I could go on and on with my own personal trials and tribulations with my dealer in Arizona. (If you care to ask I'll be glad to share.) At least when we could arm ourselves with the latest TSBs, we had a fighting chance of getting the dealers to do the job correctly. For example, how many dealers out there will not properly use full synthetic oil when servicing a TDI engine? Probably most. Armed with C17-99-01, I will. Without it, I get dyno oil that doesn't even meet factory-specified requirements. Please do yourselves a favor and reconsider this decision. VW has a reputation for building cute and reliable cars - as long as you don't need to take them back to the dealer!

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tom W.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to follow the link and tell them what you think. It may not make a difference, but at least you'll feel better. And just perhaps, it will make a difference.

Tom W.

Let's spread the word - We ain't happy!

Bug

TDI
2013 New Beetle Convertible, 2015 Passat TDI SE
msaeger,

You are probably right, but over the years I've come to expect nothing from VWoA. I figured I would go right to the source.

Now that you mention it, I'll see if I can find a similar feedback link on the US server tomorrow. It can't hurt to send it there too.

Tom W.

dcarroll

Veteran Member
So now we can't even check for relevant TSBs without buying them from these jive artists?
That guy on vwvortex was too much - "do you want to work all day and not get paid?" GIVE ME A BREAK. They got paid for the car. The bulk of those TSBs are because work needs to be done or procedures need to change or just because VW is too stupid to make a decision about timing belt intervals.
Since we have NUMEROUS items PROVING that we can't trust dealers 1) to read the TSBs or 2) to tell us honestly what is required, why should we be at the mercy of these thieves?
This is just another nail in the VW coffin for me. As Jimi Hendrix said, "this will be the last."