Default settings?

acmercg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
To make it real simple, there wouldn't happen to be a sort of one click "button" to restore all the factory settings via vag com? If I had to I can go through each channel and restore a "default", just not sure if I can do it all at once.

thanks,
Joe

acmercg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
penclnck said:
No, because what might be "default" for one car may not apply to the next car.

What are you wanting to do?
I am putting the car back to stock and I know that things like the IQ was "fooled" with. What I am looking for is Ideal settings for a stock setup. Everything from the IQ to the Horn beeping when you lock the car were changed. Vag Com gives you a range of operation, but I would need the range of operation for the whole system, so everything works in concert together, without any sort of outlying setting, such as IQ. Normal people would take a log before changing anything, and save it for future reference in case you ever wanted to change it back. Some people don't do that. Guess which situation I'm in?

Joe

acmercg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
acmercg said:
I am putting the car back to stock and I know that things like the IQ was "fooled" with. What I am looking for is Ideal settings for a stock setup. Everything from the IQ to the Horn beeping when you lock the car were changed. Vag Com gives you a range of operation, but I would need the range of operation for the whole system, so everything works in concert together, without any sort of outlying setting, such as IQ. Normal people would take a log before changing anything, and save it for future reference in case you ever wanted to change it back. Some people don't do that. Guess which situation I'm in?

Joe
As a disclaimer, just want to say that I bought the car this way, and I am really looking for a general baseline to get everything working together.. In another post someone is running their IQ at 5 or 6 wheras mine is at 2.6 with this stupid T3 turbo. What would be a ballpark for a stocker? 2.5-9 I think is kind of a wide range IMO...

Joe

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
The stock value for the IQ adaptation channel (all channels?) is 32768, which usually yields an IQ of 3-4. Any significant deviation suggests the pump has been hammer modded.

Simon

acmercg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Thanks, I'll try that number.. the pump is new, Less than 10k, but it is the 11mm. Car originally had the 10 mm stock

P2B said:
The stock value for the IQ adaptation channel (all channels?) is 32768, which usually yields an IQ of 3-4. Any significant deviation suggests the pump has been hammer modded.

Simon

acmercg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Bringing this one back up top, how can I make the horn beep again when opening/locking the doors?