Common Rail injectors

Bigtoy302

TDI
CJAA swapped Tacoma
If I remember , darkside has upgraded injectors ?
They do but are expensive.

Looks like I can buy new ones and have them EDM/honed at 30% over and held to 1% balance for $1500ish USD. Same shop does the Duramax LML, 6.7 Powerstrokes, Ram eco Piezo's with good results.

I'm sure that's what Darkside is doing.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
They do but are expensive.
Looks like I can buy new ones and have them EDM/honed at 30% over and held to 1% balance for $1500ish USD. Same shop does the Duramax LML, 6.7 Powerstrokes, Ram eco Piezo's with good results.
I'm sure that's what Darkside is doing.
They suplly you with a new durationmap for this budget? That would be my biggest concern. Not for medium/high load quantities, but more for the pilot quantities (<2 mg/stroke) if this is far off it could end up a noisy combustion or produce more soot then stock.

Bigtoy302

TDI
CJAA swapped Tacoma
They suplly you with a new durationmap for this budget? That would be my biggest concern. Not for medium/high load quantities, but more for the pilot quantities (<2 mg/stroke) if this is far off it could end up a noisy combustion or produce more soot then stock.
They can for extra. I was going to call and find out.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Cosmin never sent any message about a struggle, the sheets should be in the package :)

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Would it be possible to set the injector up for more flow without changing the nozzle, like kind of a stage 1 soluton for people who just want a little extra fuel?

Like audi did for example in the 3.0 biturbo

[/LEFT]
I agree that just hole dameter or nozzle flow is not specified in bosch documentation, but maybe there is a specification for injector flow at certain conditions, this would also be a good guideline to select a few high flowing injector apllications and then compare nozzle geometrie to find out if or not they me be able to fit a VW injector body.​
Great find! Would the BITDI injectors be plug and play on my 3.0 TDI?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Not 100% pnp but can be adapted yes. Bit grinding to the connector for the 2 rear cylinders and some grinding on the finger brackets . One could also look into 3.0 biturbo items, theyre pnp but there are different sizes depending on model year.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Not 100% pnp but can be adapted yes. Bit grinding to the connector for the 2 rear cylinders and some grinding on the finger brackets . One could also look into 3.0 biturbo items, theyre pnp but there are different sizes depending on model year.
Yes sir, I already have the BITDI intercooler installed...

Bigtoy302

TDI
CJAA swapped Tacoma
Is there any solenoid injector option that will "fit" the CJAA head? Doesn't have to be drop in. (Hold downs). I'm thinking about going standalone with solenoid injectors if i can find something reasonable. I've been looking at the SCS Delta standalone.

350hp is my goal on fast spooling compounds.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
standalone seems to be lot of headache for no gain but yes, being the lack of capable tuners in the us and A it might be the only way out.. Over here we made close to 400 with stock ecu. and imo the stock ecu has way more to offer in term of smoke control and engine protection.

Depending on the stock ecu you use you could also have one with the pressure sensing glow plug. this way you wouldn't even have to worry guessing when calibrating SOI. you can just log peak cyl pressure and 50% burn angle and use closed look timing

Bigtoy302

TDI
CJAA swapped Tacoma
standalone seems to be lot of headache for no gain but yes, being the lack of capable tuners in the us and A it might be the only way out.. Over here we made close to 400 with stock ecu. and imo the stock ecu has way more to offer in term of smoke control and engine protection.

Depending on the stock ecu you use you could also have one with the pressure sensing glow plug. this way you wouldn't even have to worry guessing when calibrating SOI. you can just log peak cyl pressure and 50% burn angle and use closed look timing
Either way I will be tuning it myself. I will buy Winols if I run the stock ECU(EDC17CP14). Just exploring all options first.

Markus L

Veteran Member
TDI
Caddy (14D) 1.9TDI 2-stage 400+bhp, Passat 3BG 4motion AVF
Most of the pressure sensing glow plugs seem to be rated only up to 200 bar. IIRC MB has 250 bar versions but even that seems quite low.