www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old July 24th, 2012, 17:24   #181
NewLyme
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45.5 mpg City/Hwy Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFlash View Post
Also, if I get the upgrade will I now be able to initiate calls from the steering wheel and see my fone book on the MFD or does the phone book and initiating calls come up on the radio touch screen? There's no factory nav installed.
Phone info pops up on MFD and Touchscreen on my 2012 Golf. I never tried to initiate a call from the steering wheel. I can and do use the touchscreen to initiate calls and view the phone book. I do not have Nav.
NewLyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 17:26   #182
BoilerBrad

Just got my card as well. What is the Bluetooth Upgrade Kit? Anyone know for sure yet? I don't want them to drill any holes in my dash
Old July 24th, 2012, 17:50   #183
SkipCycle

Fuel Economy: 38 and 41

Add me to the list of card receivers ... will call tomorrow and see what the program will be to get upgraded. Had almost given up hope since I think I sent my claim in on the last day to be a member of the class. Love this forum ... love my TDI!

SkipCycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 18:04   #184
zeuloa
Veteran Member

Received my card for upgrade yesterday....... And it seems my dear wife threw it away! Can anyone post the phone number to call and see if they'll provide me with another one?
Old July 24th, 2012, 18:25   #185
riparke

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Got my card too, no longer have the TDI (traded for 2012 focus) I can post the vin to see if any one has my 2010 JSW.
riparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 18:40   #186
BMLO13
Veteran Member

Looks like alot of cards went out..I filed my card in the junk mail pile, didn't look like anything special. The wife asked if this "blue tooth upgrade" card was trash, "uh uh... no honey I must have put it in the wrong pile thank you". I'll call my dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Zeuoa there is no phone number on the card.
BMLO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 19:15   #187
ESFlash
Veteran Member

@NewLyme -- thanks for the info -- if I get the "upgrade" I hope the transmit voice quality improves, the rcv has never been an issue -- just about everyone that calls me complains about the quality when I'm transmitting on the current bluetooth setup and I wind up turning off the system and speak directly into the fone.
ESFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 21:56   #188
StewartinND

finally got my check I still don't know what happened on the first go around but the second time was the charm.
StewartinND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:42   #189
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuloa View Post
Received my card for upgrade yesterday....... And it seems my dear wife threw it away! Can anyone post the phone number to call and see if they'll provide me with another one?

Rust Consulting in Minnesota. Google them.
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red | 9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger's sun visor | MFSW w/ paddle shifters | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ cluster | Auto-dimming mirror w/ compass | Trunk release switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & Rear door warning/puddle lights | Walnut interior trim
Mr. Timewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:45   #190
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartinND View Post
finally got my check I still don't know what happened on the first go around but the second time was the charm.

As I've stated previously...Rust Consulting did not know the actual part number was used on invoices from VW, not simply the "PR Code" of 9W7. I corrected them on this on May 26th
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red | 9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger's sun visor | MFSW w/ paddle shifters | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ cluster | Auto-dimming mirror w/ compass | Trunk release switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & Rear door warning/puddle lights | Walnut interior trim
Mr. Timewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:49   #191
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuloa View Post
received my card for upgrade yesterday....... And it seems my dear wife threw it away! Can anyone post the phone number to call and see if they'll provide me with another one?
1-888-334-6162
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:26   #192
mkemnitz

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Got the card on Monday, called the dealer today to schedule an appointment. They are saying Rust jumped the gun by sending the cards out. The parts department says they cant even order the kits yet because VW hasn't made or allocated them.

Their suggestion was to call back in a couple weeks. Does this square with other people's experience?
Old July 25th, 2012, 17:40   #193
skysnowy

TDI(s): jetta
Unhappy

I received my card couple days ago. Called volkswagen of downtown Los Angeles and was told it was a software update and I could come in the next day. I went that day and the service adviser had no idea what to do with the card. Was told that he would contact VW and see what "upgrade kit" to order and call me back.
I also called VW pasadena, and the service adviser there seemed to have no idea about the upgrade kit either. I have a feeling that this may take a while...

I would very much appreciate if the dealership already has the parts ready to go before we get the approvals in mail, it's been such a long wait and now the wait just got longer...

Last edited by skysnowy; July 25th, 2012 at 17:42.
skysnowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 19:57   #194
Boatman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkemnitz View Post
Got the card on Monday, called the dealer today to schedule an appointment. They are saying Rust jumped the gun by sending the cards out. The parts department says they cant even order the kits yet because VW hasn't made or allocated them.

Their suggestion was to call back in a couple weeks. Does this square with other people's experience?

My wife called the dealer today and basiclly got the same responce.
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:20   #195
Punter01

TDI(s): 2010 JSW DSG

Got the card, called the dealership, was told part is backordered.
Punter01 is offline   Reply With Quote