BEW fuel line into tandem pump PN?

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
2004 Golf PD BEW. I need to find the part number for the fuel hose going into the tandem pump on the side of the head and if someone knows where to order that would also be nice. I am to far from a VW dealer (still) and there open hours don't work out with the hours I work so an online place would be nice. Thanks for the help. Mine is starting to weep. The hose is not dripping but the whole hose is wet and has been cleaned off but it becomes wet again. I just don't want to spring a larger leak. Tandem pump is NOT leaking nothing else it leaking but that hose feeding into the tandem pump.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Well, kind of helps but at the same time no. It is 18/19ish. The specific hose isn't marked. It is NOT the one with the temp sender on it. Too bad there isn't a parts catalog that is better for the VW's.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It is part of a whole assembly, pipes and all. Goes across the valve cover to and from the fuel filter.

038-103-308-M should be what you need. About $170 list price, IIRC.

Last edited:

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Wow, that is just plain BS. Thanks VW for sticking it to us. Let me see, $3 rubber line-hey lets through in $160 more in the metal piping and sensors and really stick it to them even though the rubber is made by someone we just won't tell anyone where. There, I feel a little better from the rant but I still don't feel like paying that much just yet.

kato96

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW wagon
The first problem I had with my car was a pin hole in the fuel line between the metal pipe and tandem pump. That was back when I thought I wouldn't need to work on cars any more, so I took it to a mechanic, Dr Dan in Seattle, and rather than getting the complete assembly he got about 24" of 5/16 barrier lined fuel line and made a easy loop towards the air cleaner to transition from the pipe to the pump. Any direct unformed fuel line will kink in that tight space. I thought it was a simple and creative solution that I didn't see.

Last edited:

kato96

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW wagon
I eddited my prior post because I checked and it took 2' of 5/16" barrier lined fuel line to make the loop.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
To update this. I broke down and bought the piping and installed just the one rubber part yesterday. Kind of sucks it was so much for a little piece of rubber I needed. If someone wants the rest of it I am selling $60 shipped.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
I hope you got it from 1stvwparts.com. Its a lot less than your local dealer.

--Nate