Mk2 Air conditioning swap questions...

PinkFloydPerson

TDI
96 Passat TDI
Ok, I'm doing a 1z swap on my Helios and the main thing I'm worried about is getting the air conditioning working reliably.

Here is the setup I have going into the car:
MK2 a/c heater box
Custom a/c lines, MK3 compressor ends to stock MK2 lines
Not sure which rad/condensor to use yet. I have one setup from a b4, an 8v setup and a 16v setup.

The main problem for me is wiring everything up. For anyone who's done this swap before, what did you do to utilize the factory slider controls for the a/c and have everything work properly? What wiring did you use inside the car? In the engine compartment? Everything else about the swap I have pretty much figured out, I just NEED to get this a/c figured out!!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
On my G60 corrado that got an AHU tdi I used the G60's a/c & fan electrical circuit. I used the corrado's condensor and dryer and then had the compressor to condensor line modified so it would connect to the a/c compressor.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
The G60's a/c and fan control harness is separate from the engine harness. It uses two relays under the hood near the battery for the fan and a/c control and then one relay under the dash for the afterrun fan circuit. It was very easy to use this with the Mk3 tdi engine.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just use your stock Mk2 wiring for the fan and a/c.