Pancake Pipe Replacement

TDI'ed

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Hey guys, anyone have some ideas or product links to replace the pancake pipe leading from turbo to intercooler? Aside from a new exhaust its the last thing I want to upgrade in terms of power mods for the time being.

Also, anyone have advice/experience on replacing either the "bushings" in the dogbone mount or in replacing the entire dogbone itself? I am pondering the 034motorsport replacement.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
Call Will at auto select tuning; 1-905-453-4400

he can custom fabricate you a pancake pipe to suit your needs. He's who i used and was VERY VERY good at it.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I just made my own. Cost me $15 and a coffee for a local muffler shop to throw a few bends into a scrap piece of tube they had lying around. They also stretched one end for me that goes into the IC.

Both of these are home made pipes. The one on the left was for my VNT-15 and the one on the right was for my VNT-17

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Ajax Muffler & Rad. On Bayly, just west of Salem on the north side. I had a bunch of pipes bent up by them a few years ago.

Actually, I am going there this week to get my 2.5" cat-back done. My cat finally separated from the rest of my exhaust, so its time for the new Magnaflow cat + 2.5" cat back :). They charged me $100 last time when I had it done to my old TDI.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Well, the first pipe I had made for my car was to replace a leaky OEM pipe that was on my car when I first bought it. I was loosing boost from the old pipe, so I can't really compare. I just made it to save myself the expense of having to buy a new OEM one. It was not performance driven at the time as I was still new to TDI's. My car was still stock.

The second pipe was made in order to connect my VNT-17 turbo to the IC. Again, a much cheaper alternative to buying a stock pipe which at the time was about $200. Since I was changing the turbo too, I had no way of telling what impact just the pipe had.