Biodiesel in Victoria

rice rocketeer

TDI
2002 Golf 2dr 1 owner/driver car (only options is Cruz and A/C) 2014 Passat Highline
A pump has opened in Victoria, BC but with less fanfare. I'm not sure if
they are planning a Grand Opening but the location is 2515 Rock Bay Ave,
Victoria, BC. It's a commercial cardlock that services both trucks and
cars, so customers have to get a card from Columbia Fuels. Call
250-474-3533 for more info.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
I've been waiting for that one to open. It's been a long time in the making, but it's finally here! Now I have to try it out and see how it works with my performance mods! I'll have to do some "test tanks" and post some data for people, especially once I get my VNT20 installed!:D

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Well I called Columbia Fuels and talked to a rep about the BioDiesel. It's B5 only but apparently they only use number 1 diesel, never number 2. I asked about price and they said it depends on the amount a company goes through per month. I guesstimated I use about 120-150 litres per month and he said the price would be .949 per litre, which is about 2 cents a litre cheaper than regular diesel at the pumps, which is also the same price as regular unleaded fuel! I asked where the price starts to drop and he said once consumption is over 2000 litres per month, the price drops about 5 cents per litre. I've picked up an application form for a card lock pass. Even thought I don't think I'd use it all the time, I think it's kinda nice to have access and the Bio D would be a nice change to use every now and again.

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
5% BD and 95% #1? That sounds a little iffy to run in a TDI(for lubricity reasons), not to mention the fuel economy hit would be bigger.