Broken abs sensor

stcspiderman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat
I have a 2013 passat abs track light and airbag came on code was g 47 front left I determined sensor was junk I went remove it it broke what best way get it out?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Don’t you love the rust?

Drill, hammer & punch, round file to clean up the hole. After a year in the rust belt these sensors just don’t come out without a fight.

stcspiderman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat
Don’t you love the rust?

Drill, hammer & punch, round file to clean up the hole. After a year in the rust belt these sensors just don’t come out without a fight.
I was eomdering would had abs sensor make airbag come on?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
When you clean out as mentioned above. Look into silicone grease. 100% beat stuff out there for this sort of stuff. Antisieze sucks and hardens up over time.
CRC 05359 Brake Caliper Synthetic Grease - 8 Wt Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000M8PZGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t4fkEbRESEQMM
So any time you have threads that show on the back side. Put a dab of this or rtv over the hole to keep water from going into the threads. Aosl a tiny dab of this on the threads after 90% of the bolt is threaded in will help too.
Also do you live in a salt mine?

mu3098

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI, 2011 VW Golf Wagon TDI
I would remove the wheel bearing to remove it. If it is the same as my Jetta any bits that get pushed through or fall inside will probably damage the wheel bearing seal/toner ring.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I would remove the wheel bearing to remove it. If it is the same as my Jetta any bits that get pushed through or fall inside will probably damage the wheel bearing seal/toner ring.
Yea if you didnt stop drilling!

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Get a good drill stop collar and set the depth a tiny bit less than the length by comparing it to the replacement sensor. You can then drill down safely, and you can blow or pick out what's left. I did a Ford once with just a piece of tape on the bit for reference, but I had good spacing and views.