Door lock/unlock!

Rgaon_1

TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI 1.9
Hi again, so this time on my 1999 vw Jetta TDI, my passenger side doors (front and rear) won’t unlock with the remote, I’ve tried unlocking with the switch on Both side and won’t unlock still. Please help! I’m anxious!

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Golf Wagon, 97 Golf Turbo Diesel
Are those locks electric or do they use the vacuum system like my '97?

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI

fouillard13

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI Standard
I had the door switch problem on my 04 jetta. the door would think it was being opened in the middle of the night and the car alarm would go off. as well as interior lights come on and kill my battery. I believe it was just my passenger side that was bad....... my fix for it? I removed the bulb from the puddle light in the passenger door and all my problems went away!!! not sure if that would help your situation or not but some food for thought anyways.

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
Possibly another thing to check for, would be broken wires inside the rubber boot at the door hinge where the wires go into the door.
I had several break on my '97 - alarm problems, door lock problems, etc..
The wire insulation hardened and then flexing broke the wires.
I spliced in sections of better wire with solder and heatshrink.
Driver side got almost all the action on that commuter car, so that side failed, but it could happen anywhere there's flexing, if the same 'poor' ( *&^%^&*) wire was used in other years.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
I thought that there were solenoids that moved the door locks, instead of the vacuum actuators on the older cars.
Can the 'door open' sensor/switch (that turns on the dome light, etc..) also cause lock/unlock problems?
No vacuum actuators.

Those are separate functions of the same door look module, each with their own fix. Microswitch soldering or replacement. The motors can be cleaned up for the lock and unlock actuator.