Wiper Blades

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
It's time for new wipers. I currently have the Crappy Tire Reflex blades and they're not doing the job. The passenger side is missing spots, and the drivers side leaves a streak where the hinge is.

So, any recommendations on what to get and where to get them?

M

george_o25

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Silver
I have the Michelin version, similar to the Icons, but at half the cost. Bought them from Costco for under $10.00 each and they work fine through all the weather we get here.

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
george_o25 said:
I have the Michelin version, similar to the Icons, but at half the cost. Bought them from Costco for under $10.00 each and they work fine through all the weather we get here.
I have the same and they work great for me also - we get everything here (S Ottawa) freezing rain, lots of snow etc :mad:.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Silver02TDI said:
My Icons have lasted one and a half years so far...
So have mine, and they are still good as new.

Mind you, I rarely use them - if you have Aquapel, you only use wipers below 70km/h :cool:

Last Sunday it poured rain the entire way home from the cottage. I was the only car on the 400 not running wipers :D

Simon

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
I'm starting to wonder if mine need replacing but I just don't know it, since I don't notice anything wrong with them.

kack

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2000 BMP
I have the michelins too they work great for me & my windshield is fubar!
If you have money to burn get the Bosch icons.

Precisiontuning

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
n/a
Silver02TDI said:
I'm starting to wonder if mine need replacing but I just don't know it, since I don't notice anything wrong with them.

If they work then there is no reason to change them.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
decan said:
Get the refills.......yes, from the stealership....excellent!!.....paid around
6-7 bucks ea.
Only works if you still have the OEM blades. The CT Reflex, Michellin, and Bosh Icon are one-piece blades. You cannot use refills for them. Only ones I know of is the OEM Reflex style ones like the ones on the MKV. Those you can put in refills. I'm probably going to pick up the Michellin ones this year...just waiting for them to be discounted by coupon.

hobbyshop

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Sport, 2004, Platinum Grey
is it worth it to get the whole aero wiper set with wiper arms?

how do the one piece blades work.. do i need an adaptor for the stock wiper arm?

redlinedave

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta wagon
P2B said:
So have mine, and they are still good as new.

Mind you, I rarely use them - if you have Aquapel, you only use wipers below 70km/h :cool:

I use Rainex Im sure its the same stuff as Aquapel,LOVE IT.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Apparently, Aquapel simply lasts longer...for the price difference, I'll stick with RainX.

@hobbyshop: with the going rate of these style of wipers, the OEM aero wipers are not worth it. You need to change the stock arms to ones which will support the aero wipers. If you get the Bosch Icons or Michellin wipers, no modifications need to be made...they will snap into the stock arms.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Hello Guys,

For my 2006.6 Jetta the Bosch Icon' dont' work, they supposedly use the Aero, which has a unique connector never seen before... or possibly only on late model German cars. I tried finding replacement blades/refills, no luck, I have to go to the dealer to get them as nobody carries them.

What a bummer. Hopefully the replacements last longer than what came on the car, the blades fell apart, hopefully it was just cause it was sitting on the lot for a long time in the extreme heat.
John.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
Toronto_Vento said:
Apparently, Aquapel simply lasts longer...for the price difference, I'll stick with RainX.

@hobbyshop: with the going rate of these style of wipers, the OEM aero wipers are not worth it. You need to change the stock arms to ones which will support the aero wipers. If you get the Bosch Icons or Michellin wipers, no modifications need to be made...they will snap into the stock arms.
but the Aero wiper arms are soo cool, LOL

skenny

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Are the Michelin wipers you guys are using the "Radius" model? I picked some up today at CostCo for $12.99 each. They were really easy to put on but the driver's side wiper is losing contact in the middle on the down swing and leaving a smear of water behind; the up swing is fine. I tried snapping the wiper a couple of times but I'll leave it for a couple of days and see if it breaks in a little better.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
skenny...those are the michellin blades people are talking about. $12.99? I thought they were more expensive. I know of a few members on the club who use these blades and really like them. Hopefully they get better with use. I want to use them as well.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
I just ordered some Bosch Icons from Roseland. I was happy with mine for the past one and a half years. They are still okay, but I thought it's time to get a fresh pair.

skenny

Veteran Member
TDI
none
The driver's side Michelin wiper is still jumping and smearing water on the down-swing. It hasn't improved over the past month on it's own. I'll try popping it off and re-installing it soon to see if it helps.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
no i didn't, but i'm thinking before the end of fall i'll grab a set. Need to fix the coolant glow plug cable too.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Wipers

Best bang for the buck ear the cheapest ones CTC sells in the plain grey box, bout $8 a peice

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Michelin's are on sale at $9.99 again at Costco