Knowledgeable mechanic in So Cal?

wkitto

My 06 Jetta TDI started making a sound like a gas engine with a missfire two days ago. I have no theory as to what would even be causing this --- but I dont want to pay someone who has no idea either. Since VW dealerships dont yet sell diesels in California --- I have no warm fuzzy they would have a clue --- so I am looking for someone in the LA area who might.
thanks in advance

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
wkitto said:
My 06 Jetta TDI started making a sound like a gas engine with a missfire two days ago. I have no theory as to what would even be causing this --- but I dont want to pay someone who has no idea either. Since VW dealerships dont yet sell diesels in California --- I have no warm fuzzy they would have a clue --- so I am looking for someone in the LA area who might.
thanks in advance
How many miles are on your 06 A5? If over 50K, you would be welcome to bring it to us and we can diagnose your issue. If you have <50K, it would be the dealer's responsibility unless you want to pay for the work. You can call me direct at: (310) 721-4867. Later!

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
wkitto said:
thanks in advance
I was at Wild Rose when you brought in your Jetta (I have the red Golf). I must say that your Jetta sounded very sick. The good news is that it will soon be all better -- and without paying a dealership to replace lots of perfectly good parts before accidentally discovering the real problem.