www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:51   #106
mike
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Q 34, ALH 49/45/43
Default fix for pressure cylinder leak

My passenger side washer is starting to leak at the pressure cylinder. Can you elaborate on how you got to the o ring, item 2 in below picture please?
This guy actually split it open.

http://vwts.ru/forum_txt/index.php/t77412.html
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:36   #107
tongsli
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
My passenger side washer is starting to leak at the pressure cylinder. Can you elaborate on how you got to the o ring, item 2 in below picture please?
This guy actually split it open.

http://vwts.ru/forum_txt/index.php/t77412.html
Wow, I haven't done that one. The O-ring I replaced is part of #4.

If you translate the Russian, it says you have to make cuts in these locations:
RC 3.1,DG pipes,Bosio PP764, Forge SMIC,R32 airbox,FSI/OilLevelSensor,150PDTIP&MAF&Intake Manifold, Bilstein TCs,TT brakes,280mm rears,A3 strut bar,ESP,Folding Mirrors,Aero wipers,Headlight Washers,PDC,Bora Trunk switch,VR6 muffler,4-motion valance, OEM Skid Plate &HIDs,Custom Tails, Zender Spoiler,WE Power,heated Seats,RNS2,MFSW,Anti-dazzle mirror,FIS,IRU,DWA,2nd OBDII,OEM Auto Window,P3 vent gauge, Webasto Thermotop C heater
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 15:02   #108
mathis92

TDI(s): Golf MK4

Hey guys,

I've been installing the OEM headlight washers on my 2000 golf and i can't figure out a little problem. I have used factory wiring with the 192 relay when the washers are activated while washing the windshield. The problem is that my washer only pops out from the bumper but do not spray. It seems like the the interval for spraying is too short because when i connect the motor directly it pops out and sprays with no problem. I have tried another relay 389 but with no difference. There is no water leakage since i've checked. Does anybody experienced problem like this ? I would appreciate any help. Thanks

There is a video on youTube that someone had the same problem. My washers acts exactly the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rASz8xN292g
mathis92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 22:28   #109
graeme86
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Worst ever 40.9 l/100km

May just have air in the system. From another thread I found:

"Holding it on will only try and shoot the headlight washers once, you need to hold it for a few seconds, release and do that again. Took about 7-8 goes before mine were spraying properly."
Old January 6th, 2019, 05:56   #110
ZiggyoftheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occams_Razor View Post
[ QUOTE ]
tongsli said:
OC,

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> The Golf does need the euro bumper and euro rebar to do this. The US bumper is different and the euro rebar doesn't fit behind it from what I have read. </font>

I'm wondering now if that kit is really worth it? The 5.5L tank can be sourced here in the US with the sensor hole.

<font color="red"> The advantage of the kit is that it has everything you need in one place with the correct length hose, connectors, pumps, etc. If you want to use the Hella wiring you don't even need Relay 192. </font>

All of the hose connections can be sourced from Audi. And probably the hose as well.

I'm not sure about the pumps. But, the covers and nozzels definately need to be sourced from Germany.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Where would you get the larger bottle? I spend a lot of time in boneyards and for the most part, Audi A4 and A6 parts look adaptable. The angle of the bumper is close enough but the squirters mount to a reinforced area of the bumper skin. I got the squirters and plan to get the reinforcement pieces for a template. If I can't mount the reinforcement to the Jetta bumper skin, I'll make a metal bracket and secure it to the rebar.

Audi TT and Passat have flatter bumpers and push out forward in stead of up. If I run into clearance issues, I can try this route but I think it would look funny...probably interfere with the trim Strip too.
ZiggyoftheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 23:23   #111
benmarks
Veteran Member

Can someone who has done this mod help me determine if this part is the same as the washer carriers mentioned earlier in this thread: 1J0955978B.

It looks like there's no right or left version, though, and that you purchase the right/left nozzles separately.

2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror
benmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 02:30   #112
graeme86
Veteran Member

Yes, the jet nozzle itself is a separate piece.

Golf has a twin jet setup and Bora/Jetta has a single jet setup.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:36   #113
benmarks
Veteran Member

Will the dual jets work on a Jetta? I can't seem to find any single jets.
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror

Last edited by benmarks; February 12th, 2019 at 14:47. Reason: Didn't seen last line of previous comment.
Old February 12th, 2019, 19:06   #114
graeme86
Veteran Member

The problem with using a Golf jet in a Bora would be that the Bora washer cap would not clip onto the golf jet. The caps are different shapes to suit the bumper profile and the internal clip that secures it to the jet is narrower as well.

There is a left Bora version on ebay now: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-VW-...-/282764631387

And the right side: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-VW-...-/282764631263

Last edited by graeme86; February 12th, 2019 at 19:15.
graeme86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 21:22   #115
benmarks
Veteran Member

Hmmm, I looked forever and couldn't find those. Sadly, it looks like the seller won't ship to the US. On top of that, I've never seen this before but eBay says the seller is unavailable to contact so I can't even ask. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help.
Old February 12th, 2019, 21:29   #116
benmarks
Veteran Member

Is "oemvwshop.com" a reputable place to buy parts? That's all that comes up via Google, but I've never used them.

Last edited by benmarks; February 12th, 2019 at 21:35.
Old February 13th, 2019, 16:01   #117
benmarks
Veteran Member

What's weird is if I search German eBay by those part numbers, I don't even get the results posted above. Does eBay not show me sellers who don't ship to the US automatically? I almost always look on the US, UK and German eBay sites when trying to find a part, so I'm not sure why I can't find anything this time.
Old February 18th, 2019, 14:25   #118
benmarks
Veteran Member

I finally found them. I had been scouring various international eBay sites for new or used Jetta nozzles with no luck, but the oemvwshop site ended up having them. I had never used them before, but they were responsive to questions and shipping from Slovakia wasn't too much and was fast.