www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 14th, 2019, 20:30   #1
Milpitas2.7T

Default Good place to get a list of folks that have not had the Gen2 Q5 fixed?

I hate how they neutered the ZF8 transmission. It's acts like old Audi transmissions of the past with pretty significant off brake throttle lag.

Forget about thinking with a high torque motor you can dart out and clear oncoming traffic, because the car just won't go sometimes. It's an Audi trademark. However this was not an issue pre neutering . So I'm pinging everyone I can about getting us the ability to pull the TCM code from a non "fixed/neutered" Gen2 TDI Q5, and replace the neutered crap they put in my car.

I'm still pinging everyone, some folks are citing they are close but nothing that I've heard of yet to get us a way to reprogram the TCM (HP tuners can tweak parameters, but it's not something that can fully load a new file, like we are accustomed to with the ECU's)

So really just wanting to make sure I have a contact of someone that is holding off on the fix, so I can tag them to read their TCM at some point.

Thanks
Milpitas2.7T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2019, 20:18   #2
DennisMitchell

My Q5 TDI is fixed, but just put the transmission in sport mode, and step on the accelerator. It still flies.
DennisMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote