www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old February 11th, 2019, 14:43   #1
ToBiN
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 36 - 37 mpg Malone Stage2
Default What did you do to your MKVI-A6 ~2010-2014 Golf family inc Jetta SportWagen Today?

Since I didn't find one in this forum, I figured I would start one.
This weekends shenanigans consisted of finishing the ClearBra to protect the headlights, tinted the windows, installed rubber Monster floor mats, installed the aluminum scratch plate on the rear bumper, installed a rear CarGo mat and building the keep/stay blocks.
Then, late Saturday night, after all the kids were in bed, I downloaded the stock map, paid the invoice, and shipped it off to Owain and Mark at Malone. I hope they get to it this week.
Then I researched the next set of upgrades. Planned upgrades include deletes at a reasonable price. Looking at DarkSide, Rawtek, and others.
I would like to add parking sensors and rear backup camera as well. Possibly some fog lights. Maybe Ill eventually look into some more decorating with ground effects, not super low, just something tasteful.

Before window tint:

After:

Last edited by ToBiN; February 12th, 2019 at 21:59. Reason: adding photos.
ToBiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 08:19   #2
ToBiN
Veteran Member

I got off work yesterday and noticed Mark@Malone sent my tune. Between kids and dinners I haven't had time to load them yet but am really excited to get a tune on the car again.

Thanks again Mark and Owain!
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:26   #3
RiguyTDI

Fuel Economy: 36
Cool Hey!

I also drive a SportWagen TDI. Pretty sweet car IMO. Iíve done quite a few things to mine nothing major yet as i havenít even taken it through itís first winter yet but Iíve noticed owning this car and being into modding cars and customizing cars thereís not a lot of other people out there that one own this car and two customize this car. So hereís a few things Iíve done to my mk6 SportWagen. I took those ugly roof rails off. I Cut the muffler off and replaced it with a 2.5 inch pipe to a 3in tip. I put a 6pc set of the interior lighting strips in. Iíve plastidipped my mirrors, parts of my door panels. And my front emblem. Iím planning on doing more to the interior and exterior paint job as the car is extremely monochromatic.
RiguyTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:09   #4
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

I'll attempt to set up the radio and phone on the new to me CPO JSW. That's plenty for now.

I think the wife & I will go to the sierra foothills today to see the snow we've been having. I used to enjoy rolling coal onto the following prious's in my 04' dirty diesel Passat on the grades. Oh well the 2011 probably wont accomplish that part.
JELLOWSUBMARINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 22:02   #5
ToBiN
Veteran Member

Loaded my Stage2 without deletes tune tonight. I will get to experience it on the way to work tomorrow. Next to start ordering some deletes....and then retune.
Old February 14th, 2019, 21:54   #6
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBiN View Post
Loaded my Stage2 without deletes tune tonight. I will get to experience it on the way to work tomorrow. Next to start ordering some deletes....and then retune.
Keep us posted on results. Im thing the stage 2 also. I wonder how it is on the DPF and how ez or hard it is to switch to stock tune.
Old February 15th, 2019, 20:19   #7
INSW20

purchased a PolarFIS from a board member. looking forward to installing and getting some useful data on my display.
INSW20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 10:37   #8
POBOX2897

Last night, I picked up my new CPO 2014 JSW (6-speed and no sunroof..hard to find). It has about 37,xxx miles and it seems to have been cared for. So, here we go!

Installed:

-Blizzak WS80 snow on steel rims
-VW steel wheel center caps
-IDParts winter front
-Flosser Ultra H7 low beams
POBOX2897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 11:41   #9
vincej
Veteran Member

I packed weather stripping around the passenger door so hopefully the wife will stop whining about the noise. Myself I have never heard it, even when sitting in that`seat.
vincej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 08:14   #10
CDKJudoka

Got some white lithium grease to lube up the door hinges. Having it sit for a while before buying it made the doors a little stiff and creaky. Also played with my new ODBEleven tool. Just gotta figure out why it didn't come with the 200 credits it should have, being a Pro.
CDKJudoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:56   #11
dandywriter
Veteran Member

@RiguyTDI - do you have pics of the top after the rail removal? Has it decreased wind noise?
2006 Jetta TDI 5-sp, Bosal hitch, frostheater, evo skidplate, upgraded rear springs and front spring dist kit (1" lift), GIAC Stg 1 tune, USA Spec iPod adapter, SMF clutch, Coolant Heater Grill Outlet, winter front, LED backup and lic lights, VCDS

dandywriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 15:00   #12
JeffsSportWagen

Default Are you in here?

I parked my Mk7 next to a Mk6 at lunch today... a pair of TDI Unicorns in the wild.

"I have a car-sickness. I need to be checked into the HENRY Ford Clinic." -Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor
JeffsSportWagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 10:25   #13
Choddaboy

Loading a Malone Stage 2 (no delete, post fix) on it as I type
Old February 21st, 2019, 10:28   #14
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choddaboy View Post
Loading a Malone Stage 2 (no delete, post fix) on it as I type
Let us all in on the results
Old February 21st, 2019, 15:39   #15
ToBiN
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLOWSUBMARINE View Post
Keep us posted on results. Im thing the stage 2 also. I wonder how it is on the DPF and how ez or hard it is to switch to stock tune.
Sorry all, fell out of the innerwebz for a tic.

It has a bit more pull. Had a Focus ST try and walk away from me, fortunately walked him; in a wagon!

Also got tied up with a newer suburban that wouldn't let anyone pass on the right. we ran up until their governor cut fuel and I kept going.

Now time to order my darkside downpipe and go to the next stage. I loved the Stage2 without deletes on my 2011 jetta. This one seems a little slower, but it could be because of the difference in weight of the car.