www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old February 3rd, 2019, 17:46   #1
jscsir10

TDI(s): 2009 jetta
Thumbs up 2015 A6 3.0tdi, ready for upgrades

So the wife and I picked up a 2015 A6 C7 3.0tdi, and me being the way I am with all my Dieselís,Iím ready to clean this one up.

I have been doing some reading here and there, but not much is out there for info. (Not like my duramax and Cummins).
So Iím torn between apr stage 2 or Malone. Leaning towards Malone. I want to delete it with a q5 dp dpf delete, And a bigger fmic. I know dark side sells the a4 B8 kit. I also see in a lot of threads people adding bigger fmic, but not which ones, and if the a4 kit will work.

So if anyone can help me out on what fmic to use and what else I should do while getting the stage2 tune,dpf delete, and fmic please let me know.

Once I get more info and learn more, I want to shoot for 400whp later on down the road.
jscsir10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 15:02   #2
ValveCoverGasket
Veteran Member

curious how you get on with the delete and tune - ive been casually eyeing the later a6 tdis as a compelling next car. especially with values apparently quite low post-diesel gate it seems like a lot of car, and a lot of mpg, for the money
Old February 5th, 2019, 15:46   #3
Huskies2710

I can't decide if I want to go with a full delete. Cold starts in Chicago I'm not to worried about. The smell of diesel at a stop light is what I can't find enough evidence about. The little I've found makes it seem that the 3.0's ramp up the smell a noticeable amount.
Huskies2710 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 16:44   #4
Owain@malonetuning

I'd check out Bobby Singh's mods if you're looking for that kind of power, he's got a few hybrids floating around that'll do 400 crank but you'll be looking at a full kit + pump intercooler etc for another ~20% on top of that.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 15:27   #5
jscsir10

TDI(s): 2009 jetta

Well so far I have ordered a stage2 tune from Malone, and a down pipe from darkside/. I also am getting a intercooler kit from darkside here shortly.
Next is turbo kit
Bigger hpfp
Modifying exhaust
Then see where I am at and how much fun it is
jscsir10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 18:03   #6
ValveCoverGasket
Veteran Member

awesome!
definitely keep us posted on how that all goes... sounds like youre keeping it emissions intact (exhaust hardware wise) for now?

is there an a6 specific downpipe setup from darkside or is it some sort of q5 adapted thing?
Old February 17th, 2019, 08:49   #7
Huskies2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscsir10 View Post
Well so far I have ordered a stage2 tune from Malone, and a down pipe from darkside/. I also am getting a intercooler kit from darkside here shortly.
Next is turbo kit
Bigger hpfp
Modifying exhaust
Then see where I am at and how much fun it is
Are you going with a delete as well?
Old February 17th, 2019, 16:02   #8
Sti581

I have a 2016 fully loaded, and am doing similar upgrades. However just sticking to the Malone stage 2, and the rawtek downpipe. But it will require some custom welding since the Q5 is not identical to the A6.

Have any of you thought about intake system? I was debating on the K&N drop in cone filter for our stock air box.
Sti581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 05:19   #9
Huskies2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti581 View Post
I have a 2016 fully loaded, and am doing similar upgrades. However just sticking to the Malone stage 2, and the rawtek downpipe. But it will require some custom welding since the Q5 is not identical to the A6.
Have any of you thought about intake system? I was debating on the K&N drop in cone filter for our stock air box.
Probaly just the Malone Stage 2, and air filter isn't a bad idea.

I would like to swap in the RS6/S6 grill but bumper has to come off. Shop would have to do it, and I'm not sure if the sensor would have to be recalibrated.
Old February 19th, 2019, 14:32   #10
trae
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscsir10 View Post
So the wife and I picked up a 2015 A6 C7 3.0tdi, and me being the way I am with all my Dieselís,Iím ready to clean this one up.
I have been doing some reading here and there, but not much is out there for info. (Not like my duramax and Cummins).
So Iím torn between apr stage 2 or Malone. Leaning towards Malone. I want to delete it with a q5 dp dpf delete, And a bigger fmic. I know dark side sells the a4 B8 kit. I also see in a lot of threads people adding bigger fmic, but not which ones, and if the a4 kit will work.
So if anyone can help me out on what fmic to use and what else I should do while getting the stage2 tune,dpf delete, and fmic please let me know.
Once I get more info and learn more, I want to shoot for 400whp later on down the road.
Please post if you get to 400whp down the road and exactly how you did that so I can copycat best as possible for my Q7, subject to the discretion of she who controls the pocketbook.....
Old February 20th, 2019, 07:09   #11
Radman
Veteran Member

You will need a Turbo upgrade to get to 400whp for sure. Possibly injectors?, fuel pump upgrade?.

Some info here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtflzTTl...d=z8b636o4ouyx

Last edited by Radman; February 20th, 2019 at 07:17.
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2019, 07:52   #12
trae
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
You will need a Turbo upgrade to get to 400whp for sure. Possibly injectors?, fuel pump upgrade?.

Some info here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtflzTTl...d=z8b636o4ouyx

Are bigger injectors readily available/a reasonable upgrade for the 3.0 TDI? 12-15 years ago everyone including yours truly was running them in their 1.9 TDIs but I have seen zilch to date as to bigger injectors for the 3.0.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 13:15   #13
Owain@malonetuning

CR injectors are a lot more expensive due to the higher pressures, honed options are available through some of the quality fuel system tuners in the states doing big power truck builds. They're often dealing with 10-40k systems on race trucks so they don't market to the German crowd much. Budget at least 1200 plus injector cores for something custom and accurately flow tested, probably won't find anything sitting on the shelf. Will want a CP3 pump as well. Bobby is around 400whp

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2019, 11:43   #14
KERMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by trae View Post
Are bigger injectors readily available/a reasonable upgrade for the 3.0 TDI? 12-15 years ago everyone including yours truly was running them in their 1.9 TDIs but I have seen zilch to date as to bigger injectors for the 3.0.

Injectors are not the bottleneck to power at this point.
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical. - Neils Bohr
KERMA is offline   Reply With Quote