need help

Dimikrum

TDI
2006 vw jetta tdi
hi i accidentally put gas into my 2006 vw jetta tdi and so i pumped it all out blew the fuel lines out and got a new fuel filter but now it wont start, i ran the OBD scanner on it and in just getting a fuel temp sensor and a coolant temp sensor, does anyone have any idea what i could do to get it running again, thank you :)

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Did you pre-fill the new fuel filter with diesel before you installed it?

If not, run 5-10 cycles of "key ON, count to five, key OFF" to attempt a self-prime.

Was the car started on gasoline, or did you figure it out before starting?

Dimikrum

TDI
2006 vw jetta tdi
i had it running on gasoline and it was running poorly and bogging out once revved up a little, then that same day i shut it off and it wouldnt start anymore so i started fooling around and took the the fuel line of the fuel filter and i could smell right away that there was gas in it so i cleaned it all like i mentioned before and now it wont start

Dimikrum

TDI
2006 vw jetta tdi
i have it standing in my garage on my lift, it cranks but doesnt fire at all, its probobly around 7 degrees Celsius in my garage so that cant be a problem for the car, im taking it apart a little bit to check the timing, do you have and tips fr checking the timing and if the timing is right what else could the problem be? :)

Dimikrum

TDI
2006 vw jetta tdi
i got it running and all is good, my timing belt slipped over one notch so i reset the timing and it still wouldnt start so i got new injectors and all is good :) thank you guys very much for the help