www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:09   #1
johtdi

TDI(s): Jetta
Default Additional Restitution

Has anyone received this after their appointment, supposed to be reviewing all claims and letting us know if this is happening with no end date.

No way to check if previous owners claimed or not, may have to file a lawsuit end of the year on this.

Please let us know if you get a notice one way or the other.

Thanks
johtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 13:25   #2
Zawurah

TDI(s): 3.0

I sent a letter to the claims review committee, asking this exact question. The car I asked about, I have not filed a claim yet. I sent the letter way back in September 2018, and I have no answer from them. In fact, they have not even confirmed they received the letter, even though I sent it with delivery confirmation.

VW is dragging out the clock, hoping people will just go away.

Unethical, sleezy.
Zawurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 11:51   #3
jjtdi09

TDI(s): 09 TDI
Default vw restiution

called hotline, no idea, couldnt speak to supervisor or team lead none available, they will stretch this out as long as possible, did anyone see a date they needed to complete reviews on this to advise all who will or will not get any restitution. Sounds like another lawsuit, i doubt all are not eligible who didnt get it.
jjtdi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 12:31   #4
Radek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtdi09 View Post
called hotline, no idea, couldnt speak to supervisor or team lead none available, they will stretch this out as long as possible, did anyone see a date they needed to complete reviews on this to advise all who will or will not get any restitution. Sounds like another lawsuit, i doubt all are not eligible who didnt get it.
Same thing here, no way to reach out to them and no restitution

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 18:13   #5
GolfTDISA

I believe I read this in some contact at the time when they did attempt not to pay anything to anyone who had anything with Salvaged Title , he Judge told them that even though they payed out the full restitution to some owners they still have to pay the half to us or other (current owners ) ,the program ends indefinitely by end of the February when they finish all the Appeals and approvals if any are returned . If they don't do anything than , we should try to contact and send some emails to the Ankura independent reporting guys or if nothing else this will make a new class action lawsuit .
GolfTDISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2019, 06:32   #6
single94

Default denial

Got a letter that it was denied but no explanation as to where the funds went.

Here is what it will look like, interesting to find out how they explain it or if anyone gets money after the fact.

We write to notify you of the decision on your appeal to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed “Neutral,” who is called upon to resolve any disagreements between the Claims Review Committee’s other members, should they arise. Under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement, determinations by the Claims Review Committee constitute final decisions that are not subject to any further appeal.
The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed the amount of settlement benefits you were offered and/or received and determined that the settlement amount was calculated correctly, including all applicable adjustments for mileage and/or options pursuant to the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. As such, your appeal to the Claims Review Committee is denied. For further information on the Settlement, including the Court-approved Settlement Agreement and Notice, please visit https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/2-0-models/.
Sincerely,
Claims Review Committee

you get this letter below when you file an appeal

The Claims Review Committee (CRC) has received your VW settlement
appeal and is reviewing your claim. As you may know, the CRC consists
of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from
Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed neutral who will be
called upon to resolve disagreements between the Claims Committee's
other members, should they arise.

You will receive a written response once the CRC has made a final
determination on your appeal. This process may take several weeks, as
the CRC will consider all of the relevant materials in your claim.

***You are receiving this email from an unmonitored, no-reply email
account. If you have questions about the Claims Review Committee,
please contact the Court-appointed Settlement Class Counsel at
1-800-948-2181.***
single94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 04:13   #7
johtdi

TDI(s): Jetta
Default restiution

Anyone know when the actual cutoff is for this to be completed or claims reviewed that no all restitution was given out?

I think we all need to email ankura, vw court settlement, etc to get some answers

Did anyone get additional restitution so far? Please let us know
johtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 15:34   #8
DIVISIONINCISION

Quote:
Originally Posted by johtdi View Post
Anyone know when the actual cutoff is for this to be completed or claims reviewed that no all restitution was given out?
I think we all need to email ankura, vw court settlement, etc to get some answers
Did anyone get additional restitution so far? Please let us know
I am in the final stages of my CRC appeal buyback. Based on all the information and the buyback appointments I saw on the calendar, the whole program ends effective February 28th.

That means, all buybacks and additional restitution. They are ending the program.

If you want to legislate this further, you'll need to contact the law firm handling this.

https://www.lieffcabraser.com/consum...ssions-recall/

If you need a specific paralegal at LCHB who can probably answer your questions personally, PM me.

Engine won’t turn
And the train won’t leave...
"
DIVISIONINCISION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2019, 19:15   #9
utahjd

TDI(s): 2009 JSW

So I'm still waiting to hear from the CRC about my appeal. I didn't know about the Feb. 28th deadline until reading this. I suppose I assumed that there would be a reasonable amount time after the decision was communicated to complete the remedy. Does anyone else still have a pending appeal? Can they just delay the appeal decision until after the deadline then deny restitution because you missed a deadline that you couldn't have possibly met? I've stopped being surprised by any of this, just resigned now I guess.
utahjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 07:52   #10
GolfTDISA

VW blocked the Bosch money unless they reported as done, and there is highly likely we are not going to get anything for the restitution on rebuilt restored titles buybacks , because as they have said on closing appointment this would be a final payment . I dont understand why we have contracts if nobody is following anything. There is no answer from VW counsel on anything, waiting on what ? Calabrese attorneys got paid and they dont care as well. We all are sol on the restitution money owed.
Old March 17th, 2019, 12:17   #11
Brica

TDI(s): Passat

Anything new here?
Brica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2019, 17:28   #12
utahjd

TDI(s): 2009 JSW

I finally heard from CRC today that my appeal was granted, and the Feb. 28 deadline has been extended. They are giving me 4 weeks from today to complete the process. I wonder if my Bosch money will show up now without me having to chase it down...

So at least in my case, Lieff Cabraser (who represents plaintiffs on the appeals committee) stuck to their guns and held VW accountable to the terms of the settlement. I'm sure in the end it came down to the independent 3rd party, since from what I gathered VW was fighting tooth and nail. Since we have no insight into this mysterious 3rd party, and no way to review any of the deliberations, it's just a black hole. For those of us who ended up winning, it worked, but if you got denied with no explanation I'm sure it feels very unjust, and rightfully so. They should at least have to explain the decision, and prove that all relevant information was presented. I see this lack of transparency as a failure in the settlement, but... it is what it is, I guess.
utahjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42   #13
GolfTDISA

On the ones that VW rejected first and rejected secondly on the apel because previous damage or Salvage title prior to 2016 , Bosch refused to pay anything. We did the fix on the 3 cars and that came free od charge but no restitutuion or Bosch money .
Also on all the ones that we ended up returning to VW no restitution or Bosch money, Bosch wanted us to submit all the documents including titles for which we dont have any more because we did return the cars to VW.