www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old December 28th, 2018, 05:13   #16
740GLE
Veteran Member

Good luck with the fight with your CC company.

Dealer charged you for parts they installed on your car. What was fraudulent with that? The dealer has weasel words stating they can't guarantee certain parts will solve all issues, they will still point to the car being a salvage and it's your problem.

If they didn't install charge pipes sure, but some how i think the CC will side with the dealer.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2018, 07:51   #17
hhead
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalix View Post
I know its most likely a clogged egr filter. I want them to replace it. I knew the boost pipes wouldn't fix anything, i was more trying to see if they were honest. This was my first and most likely last time ever at a dealership for any type of service. i will be charging back my credit card for the boost pipes after my car leaves the dealership.
????
You knew what the problem most likely was, but decided to let them change unnecessary parts??
Instead of taking your car to a competant dealer.
You let them do the unnecessay repair. And then want refund, after taking the car home, because it didnt fix the problem?
Sounds like you were asking for problems....����
Old December 31st, 2018, 12:16   #18
2010TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalix View Post
It is a salvage title and was declined for the buyback. So i went ahead with the fix as it was required for smog.
Not that it matters at this point, but as far as I have seen, you were not required to get the settlement fix in CA.

California Certification for Benificiary Status Under Environmental Mitigation Trust Agreement (Page 7/10)
Quote:
The Beneficiary certifies [...] that upon becoming a Beneficiary, the Beneficiary: (a) Shall not deny registration to any Subject Vehicle based solely on: i. The presence of a defeat device [...] ii. Emissions resulting from such a defeat device [...]
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp...California.pdf
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/vw_info/vw_faq.htm
2010TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2019, 07:30   #19
hhead
Veteran Member

This is correct. You couldn’t do mail in registration. You need to go in to an office to register.
Either DMV or AAA office to renew Your registration. You still needed to pass smog readiness. Meaning only one readiness not set. In order to pass smog.

Last edited by hhead; January 1st, 2019 at 07:33.
hhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2019, 16:39   #20
Stalix

I need to have smog and was required to get the fix done before i could do the renewal. To all the haters here. I have multiple emails asking why they were fine with replacing the boost pipes o my "salvage title" but when it comes to replacing replacing the intercooler their policy changes to "we dont work on salvage titles". That is rhe confusing part.

1. I was forced to do the recall to renew registration.
2. I came to a dealership with no check engine lights.
3. Left and now have a check engine light.
4. Boost pipes were said to be the only way to get warranty coverage.
5. They then changed the DPF

Now they refuse to work on salvage? That is not allowed half-way down the road i want they liable for what they did to my car. I realise from my research that EGR filter is the cause of my light only at this point. They should replace it for free. If i knew their policy of not working on salvage i would never have come here and would of gone to the one in elk grove, ca.

I have since been contacted by the vw hotline thdy they are looking into my case again after i showed them of the egr filter tsb.

This dealership is trash, that is all. Treating someone like this is unacceptable. Salvage or not. I drove the car in and they agreed to work on it. Now they refuse to touch it because they are too dumb to read a tsb that i did all the research in finding and presenting to them.
Stalix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 13:46   #21
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

I posted earlier about this... 2011 jetta..60,000 miles.. I had a dpf and cooler/filter replaced due to the codes popping up..got all replaced/repaired and I HAVE A SALVAGE TITLE...so dealers will honor the warranty...I don't understand how a dealer can refuse repairs under the 'emissions warranty"..especially if there is no provision ( that I'm aware of) in the "contract" about refusing warranty work after the fix with salvage vehicle..

Last edited by forrest resto`s; January 2nd, 2019 at 13:57.
forrest resto`s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 14:01   #22
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest resto`s View Post
I posted earlier about this... 2011 jetta..60,000 miles.. I had a dpf and cooler/filter replaced due to the codes popping up..got all replaced/repaired and I HAVE A SALVAGE TITLE...so dealers will honor the warranty...I don't understand how a dealer can refuse repairs under the 'emissions warranty"..especially if there is no provision ( that I'm aware of) in the "contract" about refusing warranty work after the fix with salvage vehicle..
It sounds like this particular dealership has a policy in place not to work on salvage vehicles, which is a separate issue from the emissions warranty but doesn't explain why they started working on it in the first place.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 14:48   #23
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
It sounds like this particular dealership has a policy in place not to work on salvage vehicles, which is a separate issue from the emissions warranty but doesn't explain why they started working on it in the first place.
I may understand they may not work on salvage cars..but once they installed the "fix" they should honor the emissions warranty..everyone ( including VW) knows/knew the "fix" can cause issues afterwords..sounds like a suite should be filed against this "dealer"...they implemented the fix on this salvage vehicle..they should be responsible for all that is related to the aftermath of the fix and it's agreed/stated warranty that is attached to this car now

Last edited by forrest resto`s; January 2nd, 2019 at 14:50.
forrest resto`s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 14:51   #24
bizzle
Veteran Member

I agree with you on that.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 15:07   #25
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

But forcing them to do it is a whole other matter. Might be easier/faster to just go somewhere else. Using the law to force an issue is time consuming and expensive.