www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old January 2nd, 2019, 05:31   #241
jason_
Veteran Member

Fans stay on when key off is a guaranteed sign.

400c? I think is the trip point of fans or no fans

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 06:20   #242
ZippyNH
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93celicaconv View Post
Same for me regarding when idle is as high as 1k. Also when in gear and letting off of the brake slowly (DSG).
Key is AFTER it is warmed up...
And the fan on after shutdown indicates an interrupted Regen.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 14:23   #243
elcid86
Veteran Member

Default 2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Key is AFTER it is warmed up...

And the fan on after shutdown indicates an interrupted Regen.

The fan did stay on when I shut off the car shortly after the 1k observation (and the car was in gear when I noticed).
I wonder if it normal for regen so soon after phase 2 repair (within 25 miles).

2015 Golf TDI SEL DSG - White Wabbit
2004 BMW 330i ZHP - Red Rehab

Last edited by elcid86; January 2nd, 2019 at 14:25.
elcid86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 16:52   #244
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Nope mine is up a bit
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 13:54   #245
yurkin89

400 miles on a full tank. About 50/50 highway and city. We’ll see what dealer says.
yurkin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 15:29   #246
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid86 View Post
The fan did stay on when I shut off the car shortly after the 1k observation (and the car was in gear when I noticed).
I wonder if it normal for regen so soon after phase 2 repair (within 25 miles).
Yes, it's normal especially if you keep interrupting them. A lot of reports are of owners experiencing more frequent regens. I think I interrupted 2-3 of my 2012 JSW regens during my entire span of ownership, but I do that in about a month now if not a week.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 15:55   #247
elcid86
Veteran Member

My first fill up post fix. 38 MPG-Not bad.

Old January 14th, 2019, 06:57   #248
jonferns
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '15 Golf

Just had phase 2 performed last week. Dropped my Golf off on Weds morning, and picked it up Friday afternoon. I asked that they not perform the oil change, and that I would return at a later date to have it done as I had recently changed it. Upon pickup I the service advisor indicated that an oil change and tank of fuel were not included in the recall, even after showing her the printout of the "Approved Emissions Modification Notice". She called VW who confirmed that an oil change was in fact part of recall, but a tank of fuel was not (???). I will take that up separately with VW.

I've put on about 100 miles since picking it up. In terms of performance, I've noticed significantly slower warm-up with Phase 2 (monitored with Scangauge); outside temps are about the same, and I have the grill blocked. Acceleration & throttle response seem improved, and Sport mode shift points are more appropriate. I have not noticed any change in engine noise. I will have a better gauge on FE when I fill up next week.

'06 Jetta TDI - 220k, DSG

Last edited by jonferns; January 18th, 2019 at 12:35.
jonferns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 23:15   #249
yurkin89

After 2k miles on the fix, CEL came on with P0471 and P2002, @23k miles.
Common for a possible bad DPF?
yurkin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 18:04   #250
elcid86
Veteran Member

Second tank is back down to 35.8 but still “normal”.

Old February 20th, 2019, 17:33   #251
Smashed Ixnay
Veteran Member

10k miles on phase 2 and I notice no real differences. Changing my tires were a much bigger factor, and that was done well before I did phase 2.

If I had any complaints about phase 2, and it's rare, is when my car shifts from 2-3 and I feel a slight loss of power for a second before it kicks in. It could be 3-4, but it's so rare I can't remember exactly what gears it is. I would say I probably had this happen a handful of times towards the beginning of phase 2. Yesterday was the first time in probably 3 months that it happened.
Smashed Ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2019, 00:05   #252
Theslacker29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed Ixnay View Post
10k miles on phase 2 and I notice no real differences. Changing my tires were a much bigger factor, and that was done well before I did phase 2.

If I had any complaints about phase 2, and it's rare, is when my car shifts from 2-3 and I feel a slight loss of power for a second before it kicks in. It could be 3-4, but it's so rare I can't remember exactly what gears it is. I would say I probably had this happen a handful of times towards the beginning of phase 2. Yesterday was the first time in probably 3 months that it happened.
I have that same issue with the feel of the loss of power between the shifts. I only noticed it in sport mode when I was "getting on it". Lol
I want to say mine was between the same gear change as you described.. It felt like a hesitation during the shift then it picked back up after it shifted..

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Theslacker29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 18:57   #253
Smashed Ixnay
Veteran Member

Okay, so I may have an issue. I'l try to make this as short as possible.

Saturday I filled up at a Wawa, then drove 60 miles. As soon as I got off the interestate at the stop sign I went to take off and my car loss almost all its power. I could still drive it, but I had no pick up whatsoever. I was not overheating or losing any fluids, so I drove it another 6 miles like that to my house.

At my house I ended up having to move my car after about 30 minutes. I ended up having no more lights on dash come up, and car worked fine, so I moved it. I did not drive it again till Monday.

Monday morning I drove the car 50 miles to the VW dealer I go to. Again, no lights on dash or issues with car. They did not look at my car till late Monday, so I didn't hear back from them till today.

Tuesday morning (today), I finally talked to them and the service guy says it looks like I have some black contaminate in a fuel valve/line (something like that). He mentioned a small mesh filter that had black stuff and he doesn't know if it's fuel or not, but it's definitely not metal shavings. He said it could be fuel or something plastic that has failed. He said they been sending pics back and forth to VW to find out the issues. I haven't heard back from him.

After going back to my car to get some stuff out, since they were keeping it overnight again, I talked to the tech that actually did the work. He said he does not think it is the fuel because it looks like it's plastic/rubbery. He said VW typically responds within 2 hours, but it had only been 45 minutes when he sent the last batch of pics.

So that's where I'm at now. I won't know anything more till tomorrow morning when I call. I really hope they don't say it's fuel related, because other than losing power for the last 6 miles of my trip home Saturday, I have not had any other issues. I also don't want to pay $600+ for them to clean the fuel tank, then refill. At that point I would take it up with WaWa, but that's going to be a hassle (esp since that day my pops paid for diesel on his card since we carpool and I lost receipt). I kinda regret taking it in, but at the same time I'm glad I did. I really hope it's nothing major, but if it is, that it's covered under warranty.

I'll try to find out what codes it's throwing, but the tech did say they were related to fuel things.
Smashed Ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 22:12   #254
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Doesn't sound good, likely fuel related. If it was something with the car others would have had issues by now as well. I would want a sample of the substance for my own testing purposes. WaWa may want some too for their own testing. I would also try and get copies of the pics taken as well as find out the exact location of where this is found.
Old March 12th, 2019, 22:37   #255
bizzle
Veteran Member

Can someone please tell me what their DPF measured soot level is?

Mine seems high after a DPF replacement.

Last edited by bizzle; March 12th, 2019 at 22:40.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote