www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old July 10th, 2018, 17:05   #421
Got diesel
Veteran Member

Does a 2015 Passat SE Manual have an electronic Diff (XDS) I see that its not checked in VCDS yet I can enable it and set it to strong.
Old July 11th, 2018, 04:58   #422
740GLE
Veteran Member

electronic diff is fancy words for advanced ABS, to simulate the GTI PP "haldex wunder-diff" that everyone raves about. It's not an actual mechanical diff.

Yeah you can activate it but wear on your pads may increase due it dragging and inside pad on aggressive cornering. All depends on how much you toss your car around.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 18:32   #423
lamonlikesalmon

Hey all, resurrecting this thread a little bit. I haven't dug through this entire thread, but wanted to see if anyone has shared my experience.

Last summer, I sold my 2010 Golf back to VW and immediately purchased a CPO Sportwagen that had the phase 1 fix complete. I have not received any notification or letter regarding phase 2 of the fix, and it's been more than a year since I purchased the car.

My question is: who do I need to reach out to? The claims website? The dealership? And for those that also purchased a partially fixed TDI from a dealer, can I expect the second portion of the restitution?
lamonlikesalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 18:53   #424
Blue_Hen_TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonlikesalmon View Post
Hey all, resurrecting this thread a little bit. I haven't dug through this entire thread, but wanted to see if anyone has shared my experience.

Last summer, I sold my 2010 Golf back to VW and immediately purchased a CPO Sportwagen that had the phase 1 fix complete. I have not received any notification or letter regarding phase 2 of the fix, and it's been more than a year since I purchased the car.

My question is: who do I need to reach out to? The claims website? The dealership? And for those that also purchased a partially fixed TDI from a dealer, can I expect the second portion of the restitution?

Just go to the dealer for the fix, and no, you don't get any restitution for buying a post-fix car.

2011 BMW 335d - JR 2.8
Blue_Hen_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2018, 15:54   #425
scooperhsd
Veteran Member

Well - this weekend, I took a 450 mile round trip to visit my family in my Phase 2 completed 2015 Golf. No complaints, 41 MPG (not bad considering I was pretty much running 5-10 MPH above the speedlimit (55-75 MPH) most of the trip. No untowards behavior from the car.

I guess you could say I'm satisfied with it.
scooperhsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2018, 16:49   #426
Blue_Hen_TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooperhsd View Post
Well - this weekend, I took a 450 mile round trip to visit my family in my Phase 2 completed 2015 Golf. No complaints, 41 MPG (not bad considering I was pretty much running 5-10 MPH above the speedlimit (55-75 MPH) most of the trip. No untowards behavior from the car.

I guess you could say I'm satisfied with it.

Good deal. I need to schedule this one of these years.

2011 BMW 335d - JR 2.8
Old November 7th, 2018, 03:49   #427
Smashed Ixnay
Veteran Member

While backing out of the driveway this morning my car shut off while I was hitting the brakes. Never had that happen before. It started right up and I drove 50 miles to work. Did phase 2 about 2 weeks ago. Hope it was just a fluke.
Smashed Ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:12   #428
Blue_Hen_TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed Ixnay View Post
While backing out of the driveway this morning my car shut off while I was hitting the brakes. Never had that happen before. It started right up and I drove 50 miles to work. Did phase 2 about 2 weeks ago. Hope it was just a fluke.
Gah! I'm scheduled for Phase 2 on Friday.

2011 BMW 335d - JR 2.8
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:30   #429
Mark_J
Veteran Member

Smashed Ixnay this is the only negative I have noticed after doing the phase 2 on my 2015 Passat. Sometimes if I put the car into reverse right after starting it, it dies. If I let it idle for a few seconds, it seems to help. This started now that we have cold mornings. Other than that, I am happy with the results and this doesn't seem to be a big deal as long as it doesn't get worse.
Mark_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:58   #430
93celicaconv
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_J View Post
Smashed Ixnay this is the only negative I have noticed after doing the phase 2 on my 2015 Passat. Sometimes if I put the car into reverse right after starting it, it dies. If I let it idle for a few seconds, it seems to help. This started now that we have cold mornings. Other than that, I am happy with the results and this doesn't seem to be a big deal as long as it doesn't get worse.
I had this same issue last winter with my 2015 Passat SEL Premium TDI, before Phase 2 (but after Phase 1 - didn't have the car pre-Phase 1). Actually, I think my situation improved slightly after Phase 2, but last year it was worse in cold weather, and the depths of winter this year hasn't yet begun.
93celicaconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 16:41   #431
Smashed Ixnay
Veteran Member

I didn't know this was a thing then. It was just odd that as I was hitting the brakes to stop the car and put it in drive that it just turned off. It really confused and worried me for a minute, but then it started right up and I ended up doing about 130 miles after that without issue. I'm in central FL, so we haven't had any cold weather here yet.

I hope it doesn't keep happening, because I'm pretty happy with phase 2 overall.
Smashed Ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 16:59   #432
93celicaconv
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed Ixnay View Post
I didn't know this was a thing then. It was just odd that as I was hitting the brakes to stop the car and put it in drive that it just turned off. It really confused and worried me for a minute, but then it started right up and I ended up doing about 130 miles after that without issue. I'm in central FL, so we haven't had any cold weather here yet.

I hope it doesn't keep happening, because I'm pretty happy with phase 2 overall.
I think your situation is a bit different than a cold start and the engine stopping after putting it into reverse. My experience with a slightly faster running engine (at cold start and up another notch when releasing the brake to start reverse) is that the transmission tends slam the clutches closed, causing a jerk backwards and also snubs the engine out.
93celicaconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 10:21   #433
yurkin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_J View Post
Mine does that with just phase 1, cold start only. 15 GSW
yurkin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 11:50   #434
POBOX2897

I've read quite a few pages, but just checking in anyhow. My impression is that the Gen 3 fix is fairly positive.

I am potentially interested in 2015 GSW SEL with DSG.

I test drove a DSG SEL wagon a couple of months ago, and I liked it enough to consider. That one sold, but there is now another good one available locally with 38K, and just turned in this past August.

Does anyone else have updated or new feedback on a fixed DSG GSW's they'd care to share?

Thanks!
POBOX2897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 15:23   #435
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurkin89 View Post
Mine does that with just phase 1, cold start only. 15 GSW
My 15 GSW didn't do that after phase 1 nor does it do after phase 2.

That does not seem "right" or like something you guys should have to live with for the rest of your ownership.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote