www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 17th, 2017, 06:09   #61
In the Red
Veteran Member

Took a drive this morning and mil came on. po2002. So...will call dealer tomorrow and set up to have dpf replaced UNDER WARRENTY.
In the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 16:03   #62
Diesl
Veteran Member

That's just more than weird, that they would claim that the air-mass sensor is not included in the after-fix warranty. The document sent by VW to the dealers that cngvw posted in post #33 (which only shows sensors and actuators, not filters etc., by the way) explicitly lists the air-mass sensor as being covered.

And the document every owner was sent by VW also clearly states that everything that causes a non-transmission related code is covered.

I guess they owe you $589!
Old September 17th, 2017, 16:04   #63
Diesl
Veteran Member

Ooops, sorry, $581.
Old September 20th, 2017, 04:45   #64
skycrane

just a little update, the car has been at the dealers all day yesterday. they called me up saying they needed me to authorize a 150 bucks to read the codes on it. i was like flock that, its under warrenty and yall need to fix the problem. So ill see what happens today and let yall know
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:29   #65
740GLE
Veteran Member

I believe the code charge is standard issue dealer talk, soon as they see the code they should waive the code charge and bill VWoA once its warranty work. Seems kinda nickle dimming you but its just covering their butts.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:32   #66
skycrane

So i finally got a response from the Dumbass at the dealer. after a day and a half with no call backs, after repeated phonecalls and leaving more and more upset voicemails and emails. i finally get this in writing.... lol " Still working with Audi engineers on diagnosis. Have same sporadic fault for filter. will contact you as soon as we get final words from Audi"
So whats the problem? i have a P0401 code insufficent EGR flow and cracked DPF so fix it and replace them, problem solved....
Old September 21st, 2017, 07:12   #67
phantom1260

I cleared the code for PO401 before I went in for the fix on Tuesday. Dealer completed the fix no questions asked. Now the CEL is back on with PO401. Going to try to get an appointment for friday and see what they say.
phantom1260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 07:47   #68
skycrane

phantom, be prepared to wait a while, its been 3 days so far the delear had mine
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:41   #69
phantom1260

Spoke with the dealership, they told me they won't be able to give me a loaner this time. I explained to him under the new warranty if the dealer needs the car for more than 3 hours a loaner is to be provided. He told me he hasn't read that yet. He's going to check it out and call me back.
Old September 21st, 2017, 12:13   #70
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

Are the dealers really that uniformed about the TDIs warranty? Seems crazy to me.
The Tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 12:16   #71
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

It's possible that the dealer doesn't yet see this as a warranty issue.
Old September 21st, 2017, 12:59   #72
phantom1260

I don't think they are very informed since the recall just started in Canada. Mine was the first car they did at this dealership. Probably why they did not scan it and look at the CEL history. Going forward after they have to replace my DPF they may be more vigilant.
Old September 21st, 2017, 13:17   #73
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
Are the dealers really that uniformed about the TDIs warranty? Seems crazy to me.
Yes! Dealers have been uninformed about TDIs since 1996! That's half the reason why this forum is as popular as it is.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:41   #74
phantom1260

So I made an appointment at a different dealer for this morning since the first dealer decicded to not return my calls. I get into the car to drive to the dealer and the CEL isn't on now. I drove to the dealer anyways hoping it would come back on by the time I get there.

It didn't come come back on. So I explain to the dealer that the light was on but has since gone away. He agreed to scan it anyways just to see what it was.

He comes back and starts to explain that its the DPF and I should wait until they start doing the fix as it'll all be updated then anyways, instead of me paying for anything now.

To his surprise I tell him I've already gotten the fix done at another dealership. Then he suggested its probably because they had the whole thing apart and it's running on new values etc so it's just recalibrating. So I should just give it a good drive to blow all the soot/crud out and it shouldn't be a problem.

He said come back if the light comes back on.
Old September 25th, 2017, 01:47   #75
newbury
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2009 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerschm View Post
And for folks reading only this thread, the 2009 MY gets a new DPF as part of the fix, but those with a DSG have to wait for now. the DSG update has a flaw so those of use who started the fix are still driving a loaner a month later.
I've got a dirty tailpipe on my '09 at about 70K miles.
Which brings up the questions -
When will the DSG update be fixed?
What is the likelihood a new DPF will crack before:
Quote:
Warranty Period
The warranty period for the “Extended Emissions Warranty” limited
warranty extension shall be the greater of:
 10 years and 6 months or 126,000 miles, whichever
occurs first from the vehicle’s original in-service date; OR
 4 years and 6 months or 54,000 miles, whichever occurs
first, from the date and mileage of the emissions
modification.
that runs out?
Using the 54,000 mile figure and the cost of a dealer replaced DPF it reads like I may be paying another $4,000.00 (for DPF alone) for my driving privileges, if it breaks just after warranty runs out. That's almost $0.75/mile! A far greater impact than a small drop in fuel mileage.