www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old March 20th, 2017, 17:47   #16
Dieselmonkey02
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 jetta
Fuel Economy: 48-50 avg. 44 lowest 54.6 highest

I didn't even think to ask if it was the right amperage fuse. K.I.S.S- keep it simple stupid.
Who knows, the electronic stuff on these cars sometimes has a mind of its own.
Dieselmonkey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 04:27   #17
eztiger12

Believe me it was the right amperage fuse ....i went through enough of them .......lol
Problem has not come back yet. Im convinced the I must of moved something and now its not grounding itself causing the fuse not to blow.......to be followed.
eztiger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 07:17   #18
edge130
Veteran Member

Default Tech tip to pass along

IMO, VW seems to be the most unreliable when it comes to fuse diagrams.
I don't recall even a label inside the fuse cover of the driver side dash fuse box.
Lord knows the Jetta's owners manual wasn't that accurate with its fuse diagrams.
I have found it a good practice to open up the various fuse,relay box covers and take good close up pictures. I did this on my cars when they were new, so the photos would be accurate.
Take photos when the car is running good without any troubles.
This way you have an accurate picture of what fuse goes where.
You know which fuse positions should be vacant or have a fuse installed, you know what color fuse goes in each position and therefore it's amp rating.
It's easy to pull out a fuse and put it back in the incorrect position.
edge130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 16:38   #19
eztiger12

Thanks edge130,

Not a bad idea, Ill make sure to do that......it wont hurt for sure.
eztiger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 21:18   #20
h82loseejr

TDI(s): 02 golf

Just wondering if you had found the problem and this was another dead end thread that you had complained about in your very own post? Or did you never find the issue?
h82loseejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 08:26   #21
Mywifescar

Default You couldn't make this up !

EZTiger 12 - Thank you for what looks on the surface anyway like a ridiculous addition to the post. How could that have fixed the issue, it makes no sense !
Well, I shared your frustration attempting to fix this issue on my wifes car and in desperation tried your fix - I'm mad right ?
I took a blown fuse and soldered two wires to the pins (after exposing them) and then to a 12v brake light bulb that was lying around. I didn't go as far as breaking the glass, I didn't need to.
I plugged it onto #4 fuse holder and the bulb illuminated, then it dimmed, then it got bright again and dimmed once more. This went on for 30 seconds or so until the bulb went out and stayed that way.
That fixed the issue, I put in a fresh fuse and its worked to this day ! (months ago). I don't do forums, I guess you would call me a lurker but I had to join (I will revert to lurking following this post) and pass this on, just because its total madness but it did work !.
I hope this helps someone in the future because the fault was causing significant hair loss..
Mywifescar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 10:26   #22
relumalutan
Veteran Member

It might have been the G65 High pressure AC switch. I had exactly the same issue (and I suspect that you have actually read my posting when you have mentioned in your initial posting that you have read about it somewhere on this forum). I tend to believe that something was casing a short in the G65 sensor switch and the short was somehow eliminated when you have removed and re-installed it.