www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old June 26th, 2016, 14:38   #31
str1ck

I would like an opinion from people in the know. If VW offers a substantial discount to stay I would consider 3 VW R-line Tiguan, R-Line Passat, R-Line CC. If VW just does the buy back and the compenstation. I am going to buy an Acura ILX, a Honda Civic or maybe a Mazda 3 Hatch. I would like to hear what people think of the Passat and the CC. Thanks
str1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 16:26   #32
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1ck View Post
I would like an opinion from people in the know. If VW offers a substantial discount to stay I would consider 3 VW R-line Tiguan, R-Line Passat, R-Line CC. If VW just does the buy back and the compenstation. I am going to buy an Acura ILX, a Honda Civic or maybe a Mazda 3 Hatch. I would like to hear what people think of the Passat and the CC. Thanks
The Passat is a decent car. If they offered a sizable incentive...I'd consider one.
bubbagumpshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 16:59   #33
CT_Gman
Veteran Member

I'll be "trading" my Golf for a Jetta Sport. The Passat may be "Traded" for an SUV or maybe for another Passat (it is my wife's car). All dependant on the deal offered of course. 2 more days until we wait some more for a definitive answer!
CT_Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 18:29   #34
Lucsar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico567 View Post
As far as anyone knows, you're in the mix. As to how far, or what the outcome is going to be for each model / model year, no one knows yet. It's quite likely we will know more on Tuesday. For Canada, YMMV......
Hey Rico, thanks for your input. Just not sure what YMMV stands for ? Year,make,model vehicle ?
Lucsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 18:37   #35
str1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucsar View Post
Hey Rico, thanks for your input. Just not sure what YMMV stands for ? Year,make,model vehicle ?
Your Mileage May Vary
str1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 19:00   #36
Trade Wind
Veteran Member

Make sure to drive the civic at high speeds and on a bumpy road before signing the papers. The one I test drove a few years ago was awful for road noise, not in the same class as a Passat. Maybe new model is better.

Last edited by Trade Wind; June 26th, 2016 at 19:03.
Trade Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 20:31   #37
Lucsar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1ck View Post
Your Mileage May Vary
Thank you sir ...
Lucsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 03:49   #38
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Wind View Post
Make sure to drive the civic at high speeds and on a bumpy road before signing the papers. The one I test drove a few years ago was awful for road noise, not in the same class as a Passat. Maybe new model is better.
Why not compare apples and apples? The Accord is the same class car as the Passat, as Civic is to Jetta.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 06:56   #39
DUBPL8
Veteran Member

Going back to the JDM world.
DUBPL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 07:09   #40
IAmTodd

I'll be snagging a new GTI Autobahn w/Performance Pack. After my partner got a 2013 GTI I realized how cheaply my Jetta was built and can't stand it. The constant rattles from the engine vibration are horrible.
IAmTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 07:39   #41
FVWVWF
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTodd View Post
I'll be snagging a new GTI Autobahn w/Performance Pack. After my partner got a 2013 GTI I realized how cheaply my Jetta was built and can't stand it. The constant rattles from the engine vibration are horrible.
Same here.....but the thought of a GLI came around. You never thought of just switching to a GLI?
FVWVWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 08:18   #42
IAmTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVWVWF View Post
Same here.....but the thought of a GLI came around. You never thought of just switching to a GLI?
I've considered it at length and I like the GTI interior more, the VAQ diff is also a big selling point, and the larger brakes. I haven't sat in a 2016 GLI but I'm worried the same build construction and materials will be a carry over from my current Jetta.

EDIT - Plus leather, I'm not the biggest fan of V-Tex.

Last edited by IAmTodd; June 27th, 2016 at 09:16.
IAmTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 19:10   #43
bateau

We got a 2013 Sportwagen TDI. It's been a great car, but wife wants AWD (got tired of chirping tires on uphill driveway). We're looking forward to a 2017 Golf Alltrack.
bateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 06:38   #44
k1xv
Veteran Member

I guess I am a glutton for punishment. And I actually like my VW-Chevrolet dealer, which also services my Corvette. So I am considering a 2017 Alltrack. I really need AWD in my primary car here, and some cargo space for moving larger things around....like set of four mounted tires.

I have a feeling that, instead of giving me a couple of checks and a buyback, and never seeing me ever again, VW will be offering killer "goodwill" deals to keep us in the VW family. So why not give it a shot?

k1xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 07:00   #45
drshaws
Veteran Member

New Wrangler Unlimited here I come.