www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old April 15th, 2016, 07:21   #46
BarryT82
Veteran Member

I received the powergate yesterday. I had to borrow a PC from my father-in-law because I have a MacBook. Has anyone tried to use WineBottler to run the program on a MacBook? It's working fine with the PC, but I'll need to give it back to him soon.
BarryT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2016, 08:00   #47
BarryT82
Veteran Member

I tried WineBottler and couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll buy a cheap windows tablet and use it. I had a Dell Venue Pro for VCDS, but sold the cable and bought the Hex-Net model that works with iPads/iPhones.
Old April 18th, 2016, 14:48   #48
BarryT82
Veteran Member

I installed the tune today. It's much better than the Chipwerke module. It feels like a stock tune, but with more power.
Old November 7th, 2016, 20:00   #49
Saltyrodz

TDI(s): 2014 Q5 Tdi

I'm new to the diesel tuning def thing. I emailed Ken a while back and wanted a little more info from you guys. I have always had modified and tuned v8 cars and I am looking for a sleeper to run with them. What are your suggestions I have a 2014 q5 tdi that I purchased used with 12,500 miles. I know it came from Texas but that's it. I actually love how it drives just want more. Go ahead and throw out some suggestions. And for those with tunes what are your numbers/ times. I don't want a dyno queen btw.

Last edited by Saltyrodz; November 8th, 2016 at 08:27.
Saltyrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2016, 03:40   #50
BarryT82
Veteran Member

My wife and I both have a Q5 TDI. Mine is tuned and hers is stock. The tune is much smoother and the throttle response is better. I couldn't tell you what the numbers are, but I can use VCDS on both to get a 0-60 time.
Old November 8th, 2016, 08:26   #51
Saltyrodz

Barry that would be great. And if anyone knows what would I need to keep stock tune and Malone stage tune to switch when I take the Q in for service.
Old November 8th, 2016, 10:53   #52
BarryT82
Veteran Member

When you purchase the tune you'll have to purchase the flash loader as well. You can go with Malone or JR Auto Tuning and use it.
Old November 10th, 2016, 15:45   #53
Saltyrodz

Thank you. Did you do stage 2 and keep def?
Old November 12th, 2016, 12:01   #54
SigQ5

TDI(s): Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa63 View Post
Thanks to Mark Malone and BuzzKen for making my 2014 Q5 the very first Malone Tuned Q5 TDI ever. We read the car on Thursday evening and by this AM Mark had come up with a Stage 2 tune and Ken put it into the car. Very nice change to the way the car performs especially when using the top part of the rev range, pulls smoother, stronger and longer. Moving off the line seems to have more snap too, I have never spun the tires on pavement with this Q5 until today. Nice!
BTW, other than the new Malone Tune, this car is still stock.
Future changes are in the planning stages.
This is very impressive and I am interested.
Does anyone have actual data on engine performance, fuel economy and emissions that they can share?
SigQ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2016, 13:16   #55
BarryT82
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltyrodz View Post
Thank you. Did you do stage 2 and keep def?
Yes. The exhaust is stock.
Old February 15th, 2017, 13:45   #56
aimstylus

Bump

Were you able to get any videos of the exhaust? Seems everyone has a very capable piece of tech that also answers phone calls attached to them these days
aimstylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 15:16   #57
Owain@malonetuning

The problem is getting someone to put the car on a linked roller dyno, and then being able to trust and publish that data. We've only had a few dyno runs of these and they vary a good amount. Our dynapack doesn't work and neither do most of the other units as the AWD system isn't mechanical and can be REALLY moody. Fuel economy on deleted cars usually improves by 10%+ and it lowers EGTs and exhaust back pressure which should help with reliability. Nothing to really be gained in terms of fuel economy on a stock vehicle and I would not believe claims from anyone stating otherwise unless they're altering emissions hardware. Boost is raised fairly minimally, almost all of the power is coming from the fuel mapping. It's a massive improvement though, we're seeing 340WHP/550lb-ft or so out of the BMW 3Ls and I wouldn't be surprised if the VWs were making similar power to the crank with the 2260 turbos. One of the dynapak reps has a V10 and much preferred a local tuned V6 to his car, and that's saying something.

We try to keep our phone number private so we can get work done in the course of the day and so our dealers have lines open. We have plenty of distributors and we don't mind making calls when/if needed, but for the sake of being thorough and having everything written down emails are far better.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Last edited by Owain@malonetuning; February 17th, 2017 at 15:52.
Owain@malonetuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 19:37   #58
Saltyrodz

Well Owain has been great to deal with waiting on tune now sent them my stock tune via flashzilla. I'm here anxsoiusly awaiting the tune to go for a drive. Can't wait to see what numbers it makes too. 0-60 and 1/4 mile
Old October 21st, 2017, 19:27   #59
richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltyrodz View Post
Well Owain has been great to deal with waiting on tune now sent them my stock tune via flashzilla. I'm here anxsoiusly awaiting the tune to go for a drive. Can't wait to see what numbers it makes too. 0-60 and 1/4 mile

Any update? Iím planning the same for my Touareg.
richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 21:49   #60
Mxrado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain@malonetuning View Post
The problem is getting someone to put the car on a linked roller dyno, and then being able to trust and publish that data. We've only had a few dyno runs of these and they vary a good amount. Our dynapack doesn't work and neither do most of the other units as the AWD system isn't mechanical and can be REALLY moody. Fuel economy on deleted cars usually improves by 10%+ and it lowers EGTs and exhaust back pressure which should help with reliability. Nothing to really be gained in terms of fuel economy on a stock vehicle and I would not believe claims from anyone stating otherwise unless they're altering emissions hardware. Boost is raised fairly minimally, almost all of the power is coming from the fuel mapping. It's a massive improvement though, we're seeing 340WHP/550lb-ft or so out of the BMW 3Ls and I wouldn't be surprised if the VWs were making similar power to the crank with the 2260 turbos. One of the dynapak reps has a V10 and much preferred a local tuned V6 to his car, and that's saying something.

We try to keep our phone number private so we can get work done in the course of the day and so our dealers have lines open. We have plenty of distributors and we don't mind making calls when/if needed, but for the sake of being thorough and having everything written down emails are far better.

I had a Malone tune on my Audi Q7 2010 with Buzzken dpf delete and it was awesome! It pulled hard, zero issues (and I was at 140K miles at buy back)

Would you guys be throwing a discount for those of us who decided to stick with TDI and just upgrade after the buyback? Similar to what APR did after you totaled your car lol...

Thnks
Mxrado is offline   Reply With Quote