www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old January 18th, 2014, 12:27   #31
A5INKY

Fuel Economy: pretty good

^Thanks for the kind words Ross

Today in the Skunkwerx shop was a brand new 2014 Passat TDI with only 741 miles on the odo. Malone tuned it to stage 1.5 for an additional 25 hp and 65 lb-ft of torque. I also installed a set of nice, progressively wound H&R sport lowering springs for about 1.3" - 1.5" drop and firmer handling. Completely changed the character of this car . Feels much better connected to the road and a whole lot less body roll in the corners!

A5INKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 15:54   #32
matty-matt

Passat drove great on the way home, Dax. Feels completely different and like it should have in the first place. Good torque, great driveability and no longer threatens to wind up on its roof with every turn of the wheel.
Mission accomplished for sure.
Thanks for your professional and detailed attention.
Now all i need to do is not do anything else to it....
matty-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 16:36   #33
sumtingwong1381

Fuel Economy: see signature

I'm looking at getting the 1.5 with Econo tune, and the DSG tune done in the next couple months. Do you have to wait for the equipment to tune the DSG, or do you already have it?
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:36   #34
A5INKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumtingwong1381 View Post
I'm looking at getting the 1.5 with Econo tune, and the DSG tune done in the next couple months. Do you have to wait for the equipment to tune the DSG, or do you already have it?
Great! I have the equipment to tune the DSG too. I could tune your car today

Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:58   #35
sumtingwong1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5INKY View Post
Great! I have the equipment to tune the DSG too. I could tune your car today

I would love to have the DSG tune today, but I am going to wait until I get the 40K service done. I have 37,814 on it right now, so I should hit 40 within the next couple of weeks. I will be ready for the tune shortly after that.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:46   #36
A5INKY

Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumtingwong1381 View Post
I would love to have the DSG tune today, but I am going to wait until I get the 40K service done. I have 37,814 on it right now, so I should hit 40 within the next couple of weeks. I will be ready for the tune shortly after that.
BTW, I do 40K mile services too

Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:28   #37
sumtingwong1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5INKY View Post
Sounds good.

BTW, I do 40K mile services too
Yeah, I am going to take it down to Richard's (close to Atlanta) with all the parts, and learn how to do it all. I was a Toyota mechanic for a few years in my previous life, but I am completely ignorant when it comes to diesel.

I will keep you in mind for my regular maintenance though! I don't want to take it to the dealer for oil changes.
Old February 1st, 2014, 08:24   #38
GummiBrenner

Fuel Economy: you wouldn't believe me...

I recently had Skunkwerx install a Malone stage 2 tune on my TDI. I am amazed with the results! Skunkwerx was extremely knowledgeable about anything TDI. Skunkwerx is the only place I will trust with my TDI from now on. Thanks again Skunkwerx!
GummiBrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 09:40   #39
Nash_TDI
Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: 63.25mpg max

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummiBrenner View Post
I recently had Skunkwerx install a Malone stage 2 tune on my TDI. I am amazed with the results! Skunkwerx was extremely knowledgeable about anything TDI. Skunkwerx is the only place I will trust with my TDI from now on. Thanks again Skunkwerx!
Welcome to TDIclub, and glad you are happy with your Malone tune and Dax/Skunkwerx!
PD Cam tools, BSM tool, VE & PD TB tool rental available.
Nash_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:43   #40
A5INKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummiBrenner View Post
Thanks Sam! Was a pleasure. Thanks too for the gift. Now that you are a registered member you need an avatar. May I suggest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash_TDI View Post
Welcome to TDIclub, and glad you are happy with your Malone tune and Dax/Skunkwerx!
Thanks for the kind words Clint. I also appreciate your introductions with the local V dub crowd - good folks!

Old February 6th, 2014, 10:29   #41
A5INKY

NOTICE:

Due to needed service on Malone's equipment used for writing Skunkwerx's 2009 to present ECU tunes (and all DSG tunes) these specific tuning services will not be scheduled for a short time starting February 18th. The equipment is being shipped for service to Germany and the goal is to be back online with tunes within a week, but 2 weeks of down-time is possible.

If you are interested in one of these tunes, there are still a few appointment slots available before then. Please call or email with inquiries, contact info is available via link by clicking the logo in my signature below.

Tuning for cars model years 2000 to 2008 will not be affected.

Thanks for understanding and I will update this post once those services resume.

Old February 18th, 2014, 18:26   #42
matty-matt

Dax,
Super happy with the Malone 1.5 tune you did on the new Passat. Powerband is about 2000-3500. Much lower or higher isn't real productive but.....
Ran it down to Florida and back, 2500 miles, averaging over 70 mph and over 42 mpg!
No need to downshift from 6th on interstate to pass, even in mountains. just push it to the floor anytime rpm's are more than about 2000 and it pulls strong enough to move.
It's a highway car for sure. I don't really care for it that much around town. Anytime it's below about 10mph i gotta go down to first gear which seems strange.
Swapped out the Hankooks for Michelin Primacy and added a bigger rear sway bar. It actually handles really well now! The steering has always felt great, but now the car does what i ask when i ask and then stops moving instead of wallowing all over the place like with stock springs.
Again, thanks so much for working me in to your schedule and doing a professional job setting it up.
Matt

Last edited by matty-matt; February 18th, 2014 at 18:28.
matty-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 19:26   #43
sumtingwong1381

Got my 1.5 and DSG tune from Dax. Worth the money! Dax is a knowledgable guy, and willing to share it. Getting the rest of my 40k tomorrow.
Thanks again!
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:53   #44
burtblade

TDI(s): MK5 BRM

Just wanted to take the time to give a big bump for Dax. I took my car to him last weekend for a timing belt change and to check my camshaft which he changed out with a frank06 stage 2 cam. My car had some hesitation issues in the lower gears along with black smoke and Dax was very professional and did an excellent job. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is needing anything done to their TDI. He has a head full of knowledge and has answered all my emails (I have sent a bunch.. LOL). I wish him the best and hope his business will continue to expand. I definitely know where I will be taking my car going forward in the future!
burtblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 07:49   #45
A5INKY

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Working on some new developments at Skunkwerx. Will post an update soon!