www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old November 24th, 2013, 09:04   #1
A5INKY

Fuel Economy: pretty good
Default Skunkwerx Performance TDI Performance, Repair, Service and Malone Tuning

A huge THANK YOU! to Fred's TDI Club and its members for all the support these past few years in making Skunkwerx a success. Quitting my day job to work on TDIs full time last fall was one of scariest things I've done. I am so happy I did though.

In fact, business is so good that my little one-man, craftsman style repair shop has been receiving such a steady flow of calls, emails and text messages that I am having to reassess how I communicate. I answer each call/text/email personally and some days it is getting really hard to get the car repairs done.

To keep communication AND service quality high, I have set-up a dedicated Skunkwerx phone line. The number for this phone is unchanged - (502) 724-2605. I will be answering this phone 9AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. If you reach my voicemail during those hours I am either elbows-deep in a car repair operation that requires my undivided attention, or with another customer. Please leave a message, I will return your call ASAP during those hours. You are still welcome to call during off-hours and leave a voicemail, I will return your call during the next work day.

Though I will no longer be utilizing text messaging, please feel free to email me at dax@skunkwerx-performance.com. I try to answer all emails within a business day. Email is definitely preferred over club PM.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Last edited by A5INKY; July 20th, 2015 at 11:14.
A5INKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:04   #2
A5INKY

Show your thanks to VW for their Dieselgate "Goodwill" gesture by using it to better effect!

Use your $500 VW "Goodwill" credit card to place a deposit on a DPF delete pipe install and tune package by December 31st and I will honor October's Dieselgate special allowing the work to be done at your convenience anytime up to the end of March 2016. To get the additional 5% cash discount simply pay the balance due when work is completed via cash. Use of the goodwill card for the deposit will not prevent the cash discount.

"Off-road racing" DPF/EGR delete exhaust and tune packages for 2009-2014 Golf, Jetta and Jetta Sportwagen TDIs are discounted 5% on parts, labor and tune. This means nearly a $100 savings on stage 2 cars with DSGs. What's more, I will discount another 5% if the job is paid in cash. Yep, you can save up to a couple hundred dollars.

Standard everyday pricing for 2.5" DPF/EGR delete exhaust connected to the OE cat-back for cars with manual trans and Malone stage 2 tune: $1441.95. October sales prices (cash): $1297.75

Same set-up but with DSG (requiring DSG tune) : $1940.95 (everyday pricing). October sales price (cash): $1746.95.

Call (502) 724-2605 or email dax@skunkwerx-performace.com to schedule your race conversion

Mention this special when you contact me and tell me where you saw it. Deposit must be received by December 31, 2015.

Last edited by A5INKY; December 14th, 2015 at 09:44. Reason: End of special edit
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:04   #3
A5INKY

New Product: EGR Kit For 2005.5-2006 Jetta TDI with BRM Engine - $40 +shipping

Top quality kit allows off-road* users to delete their leaky, hissing, failure-prone EGR cooler entirely. Kit includes:

- Heavy duty plated steel blocking plates for EGR port on both exhaust and intake manifolds
- New OE gaskets for each port/plate
- New OE copper lock nuts for EGR/exhaust port (reuse OE bolts on intake port)
- Plastic barb elbow for connecting EGR cooler supply and return coolant hoses

Be aware, deleting the EGR cooler defeats the EGR system and will set a CEL. If not dealt with via an ECU software modification the ECU will "throttle" the ASV in a vain effort to increase EGR flow which will reduce power and fuel economy. This cannot be fixed via VCDS, an aftermarket tune is required. Skunkwerx can also provide the software modification via Malone Tuning for $99. Or, if you choose to purchase a Malone tune from Skunkwerx, the EGR software delete can be added to your new tune at no additional cost over the tune cost.

Please order via email. Payment accepted via PayPal or all major credit cards direct over the phone or email. Orders ship within one business day.

* For off-road use only
- These modifications may be a violation of federal emissions regulations, for off-road vehicles only.
- Neither TDIClub nor any person taking action or inaction on its behalf may be held accountable for these modifications.
- It is up to each individual vehicle owner or operator to take responsibility for his/her actions

Last edited by A5INKY; March 7th, 2014 at 05:18.
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:10   #4
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Sweet. More options semi local! do you do clutches too?

Schmutz 2015 GSW S DSG
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:05   #5
A5INKY

Thanks for the welcoming post Growler.

Yep, clutches for sure. Been flying under the radar for about a year working on other folks TDIs. Between my own cars and what I have been doing for others, not much I haven't done. I sub out injector set-up, machining, alignment and tire/wheel work. Everything else mechanical is done in-house.

Once the weather turns a bit warmer in the spring I'm thinking of setting up a little GTG. Hope you'll think about making the trip down to the 'Ville for it.

Old November 25th, 2013, 09:34   #6
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Would love to be there. Looking forward to it. Ill be sure to send the guys your way since I am no longer doing clutches.

Schmutz 2015 GSW S DSG
Old November 25th, 2013, 14:24   #7
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

My PD CAM guy.......since I'm old and stubborn.
Old November 25th, 2013, 16:20   #8
darkscout
Grammar Scout

TDI(s): 2003 Golf

Oooo. What would a clutch job cost? LSD installs? 5th gear swaps?

Need to make my Mk4 stop slipping and might as well do the rest while I'm in there.
Old November 25th, 2013, 18:02   #9
A5INKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedick View Post
My PD CAM guy.......since I'm old and stubborn.
Thanks for your support paramedick, means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkscout View Post
Oooo. What would a clutch job cost? LSD installs? 5th gear swaps?

Need to make my Mk4 stop slipping and might as well do the rest while I'm in there.
You have a PM

Old November 27th, 2013, 12:04   #10
A5INKY

Default Making Progress

Got about 80% moved in to the new shop in the last couple days. Lights are in, compressor and heater are wired in to 220. Shelves next, then move the oil and parts. Then I'll be ready to start in with the mechanical work again.

On the calendar are a BRM turbo install, B5.5 tranny install, new "free-flowing" DP and ECU/DSG tune for an Audi A3, 2 or 3 CR tunes locally and possibly a MKIII clutch / MKIV LSD & 5th gear. Still have room for a couple more jobs in December. Always have time for more Malone tunes!

Old November 27th, 2013, 12:05   #11
Bob_Fout
Oil Wanker

Woot, another Mid-west / South guru/trusted mech to take my Hussy TDI to. [my TDI has been around]
Old November 27th, 2013, 19:03   #12
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Fout View Post
[my TDI has been around]
You aren't kidding. That green thing has bared it all in many Guru Shops all over the eastern continental US...

you should just name the car Doorknob.. everyone gets a turn.

Schmutz 2015 GSW S DSG
Old November 27th, 2013, 20:54   #13
professorxjosh
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39

Had Dax do a Stage 1 on my Golf a few weeks back. In and out in about an hour and best $$$ I've spent.
Had my check engine light come on today so I will be seeing you soon.
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:29   #14
A5INKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Fout View Post
Woot, another Mid-west / South guru/trusted mech to take my Hussy TDI to. [my TDI has been around]
I'd be happy to work on your Hussy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
You aren't kidding. That green thing has bared it all in many Guru Shops all over the eastern continental US...
you should just name the car Doorknob.. everyone gets a turn.
Aaron, thanks for the heads-up. It's OK, I'm no prude.

Bob, please don't be offended if I don a pair of gloves before opening the hood. Gloves make for a little loss in sensation, but they are worth it to protect myself and the other cars I work on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorxjosh View Post
Had Dax do a Stage 1 on my Golf a few weeks back. In and out in about an hour and best $$$ I've spent.
Had my check engine light come on today so I will be seeing you soon.
Glad your enjoying the tune! Hit me up and we'll figure out why she's throwing that CEL.

Old November 29th, 2013, 18:06   #15
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Actually Bobs car is very clean and well behaved, well it was for me, I know Bruce has a few choice words for an FSE (ask Bruce ) that bob had him put on, but I am just saying that everyone gets a turn to play with it. bob likes to spread the love

Schmutz 2015 GSW S DSG