www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 22nd, 2013, 17:39   #16
50R BTR

Talking

At Midlands BioFuel GTG, installed Malone 1.5 and DSG tune...with stock exhaust. Enjoying it...picked up about 3-4 mpg on big highway (75-80mph) (Columbia, SC -ATL -PCB), in town dropped about the same...cause I can't control my right foot. Excellent pick-up and smooth shifts in town. DSG performs like it should, will stay in gear until you shift, using manual. In regular drive/sport modes the torque comes on really nicely...lots of fun to drive. Checked turbo temps/exhaust/ and DPF function...all working just fine, no excessive temps until regen..gets hot only because it is supposed to. Seeing regen a little more often, but not stocking up soot levels or ash at any greater rate. 9-10ml per 10k miles, not changed a bit from OEM.

Saving the pesos for Rawtek Exhaust, DPF delete, and 2.0/2.5 Malone tune.

Thanks Andrew...this is too good, can't wait for upgrade..
Old August 22nd, 2013, 18:00   #17
Paulinski
Veteran Member

Awesome...

Mine is getting tuned tomorrow.
Paulinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 20:59   #18
bengone1

Fuel Economy: 40ish MPG

FYI: I am a Malone dealer as well. I have flashed all but one customer stage 2. A couple have seen track days with full emissions equipment and on an extended makeup session one experienced re-gen cycles or possible high EGTs, with that exception both performed flawlessly.
bengone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2019, 12:34   #19
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

Reviving an old thread maybe, but there still seems to be a lot of interest in a good tune upgrade at least by us recent CPO/post fix owners.

The next and maybe only mod I'm really interested in doing is a tune remap with a few things in mind.

* Switching back to stock (easily/cost effectively and temporarily) is important as I have 2 yrs/unlimited mileage and a lot more emission warrantee I don't want complications with.

* early wear on engine, smog, etc. such as DPF.
does Malone or Kerma (for example) regen better/more efficiently?
mileage and drivability?
JELLOWSUBMARINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2019, 12:54   #20
750HMF

Malone stage 2 is great, I would recommend them. Plus if down the road you decide to do delete, it's just a quick retune.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
750HMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2019, 13:55   #21
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750HMF View Post
Malone stage 2 is great, I would recommend them. Plus if down the road you decide to do delete, it's just a quick retune.

So from what I understand you must buy a programmer (flashzilla) or borrow/pay local shop. Are the tunes a one time?
JELLOWSUBMARINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2019, 16:10   #22
750HMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLOWSUBMARINE View Post
So from what I understand you must buy a programmer (flashzilla) or borrow/pay local shop. Are the tunes a one time?
I went with the flashzilla so I could go back to stock any time I wanted to.

750HMF is offline   Reply With Quote