Looking for TDI Mechanic in Richmond, VA

Y2KGolfTDI

TDI
2000 Golf
Just got my 2000 Golf TDI and want to proactively replace the timing belt (only 48k miles). Anyone know of a good TDI mechanic in Richmond, VA? I checked the master list, but no one within about 60 miles.

thanks!

Susan

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Y2KGolfTDI said:
Just got my 2000 Golf TDI and want to proactively replace the timing belt (only 48k miles). Anyone know of a good TDI mechanic in Richmond, VA? I checked the master list, but no one within about 60 miles.
Hello Susan. It sounds like you'll need to travel more than 60 miles. You absolutely want the TB changed by a TDI expert, do not let anyone else practice their wrenching skills on your new Golf.

Pick one of the nearest TDI gurus, then do a search to find what his satisfied customers have had to say. 100-200 miles is not too far to travel to get the job done right, once every 100k miles. (The deluxe 100k-mile kits can be retrofitted to your 2000 MY TDI.

scythefwd

Veteran Member
TDI
99 beetle GLS TDI
Get in touch with Car 54. He goes down to Petersburg frequently I believe and will take his tools down with him. I live in Caroline County and he mentioned that he could do the TB next time he headed down that way if it would be a shorter drive for me.

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
How did that go for you? Are either of these mechanics still working in the Virginia Area?

I am currently looking for a TDI Mechanic in (or within reasonable towing distance of Richmond Va) I have a 2004 Jetta TDI wagon, that I inherited from my dad. I have been taking it to get serviced where my 99.5 Jetta 2.0 had gone, but I think this guy doesn't know what he is doing with the diesel engines. I have spent about $2,000 so far on repairs and currently cannot drive my car because I lost brake lights and nighttime running lights on the rear of the car was told it was fixed when I paid and picked it up last night.

I am basically am in need of getting a proper inspection by a knowledgeable mechanic and the brake/ night light issue sorted.

Thanks,
HC

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
So this guy that was paid to fix your brake lights didn't. Whether or not you paid $2k or not for other work is not the issue. He needs to fix the lights. Once lights are fixed drive not tow to nine_dee_golf for an assessment of the other issues that the car has.