www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old November 20th, 2002, 16:43   #1
Bob L

Default For sale: 1996 Passat TDI STATION WAGON

FS: 1996 Passat TDI wagon, 149k miles, dark metalic blue, brand-new tires (last month), stock everything except spoke rims off a Jetta, timing belt replaced 25k miles ago, struts all the way around last year, genuine german made trailer hitch (I bought it myself while on vacation in Germany, heavy duty, by US standards a CLII or III). Currently averaging 42mpg in combined driving, maybe 51 on long highway trips. I don't know where to price the car, it will be at least $10500, but probably no more than $13500 - I'm fishing for a "best offer" right now. The only photo I have right now is of the trailer hitch. If you are interested in the car and want a photo, shoot me an email at: rlanghorst@earthlink.net
Bob L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2002, 16:34   #2
Bob L

Default Re: For sale: 1996 Passat TDI STATION WAGON

Hmmm... no replys... crickets chirping... any one out there??
Old November 21st, 2002, 19:23   #3
BiodieselCleveOH
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 53/43/36

Hi, Bob. I just bought a 96 Passat TDI sedan that has one of my friends hankering for a wagon. Could you email me the photos and I'll forward them to him. I'm not sure of his email off-hand. Thanks in advance.
BiodieselCleveOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2002, 19:26   #4
Tyler Gee
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob L:
Hmmm... no replys... crickets chirping... any one out there??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kelly Blue book with your miles shows a value of about $6895 for a private party sale.
With no pictures to see whats out there your price might be a little unrealistic.
Tyler Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2002, 19:55   #5
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Passat wagons are supply and demand ......
Harvieux sells them here weekly for more than 13,000.
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2002, 20:46   #6
Bob L

I can always drop my price. The car is in really good condition. It can do another 100k -150k with no problem. I drive about 1000 miles a month, mostly highwayish. I'll get some more photos this weekend and try to publish them. BTW, how does this attach image button work? Does the photo have to be on the web first, or can it just upload from my computer?
Old November 21st, 2002, 21:17   #7
tongsli
Veteran Member

Photos need to be hosted somewhere. The link needs to be a URL.

Go to the TDICLUB official pic hosting site at the home page link.

picture server

Lito

I agree with Tyler, seems expensive for such a high mileage car. Good luck selling it. Matt, you reading this???
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2002, 05:25   #8
GMCpatrick
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomo366:
Passat wagons are supply and demand ......
Harvieux sells them here weekly for more than 13,000.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well... Harvieux has established himself as a source for quality used B4s. It's a little unreasonable to expect to get the same response when so little information was given up front. If the car's in good shape and Bob really wants to sell, then it's pretty simple to get some pic's on the image server and post 'em here.

IMO the price does seem a bit high for those miles - even for a B4V. Harvieux, do you have any advice for Bob??

Patrick
GMCpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2002, 07:40   #9
Harvieux

Hi GMCpatrick, I have already corresponded with Bob and gave him my advice. My advice is pretty much in line with everyone's thoughts with the exception of the KBB private party value comment because I would give Bob this amount right now contingent upon inspection. As should always be the case if in doubt and if anyone is serious about this variant, I strongly suggest that you have the vehicle checked out by a competent (good luck) VW dealer as well as having it checked for previous accident damage. This cost should be absorbed by the buyer. If all checks out like I suspect it will, you can now make an educated offer. Hope this helps out some fence sitters. BTW, Bob, If you email me some pics, I could attach them here for you from my host website for a week or so. Later!

[ November 22, 2002, 07:48: Message edited by: Harvieux ]
Harvieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2002, 16:45   #10
Bob L

Thanks for everyone's responses. I think I'll be in the $8m-$10m range. I also have got a 1999.5 New Golf TDI, 4 door, 5 speed that just turned 70k miles. It also has 6 months of a VW certified warrantee left. I'm trying to reduce my debt burden and am not sure which one to sell. (Let me rephrase: I want to sell the Golf but am not allowed to.) In case I can sell the Golf, does anyone have an idea what its worth? (immaculate, BTW) 70k is a lot for a Golf TDI, but I've seen a bunch advertised in the $12m area with 60k miles. Pricing guidance?
Old November 22nd, 2002, 16:50   #11
Bob L

BTW, I'll be travelling and won't be able to reply until Sunday evening, Nov. 24.
Old November 22nd, 2002, 17:27   #12
Harvieux

Hi Bob, Are you sure you don't mean, 70m miles on your Golf? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] BTW, I'll start the offer at $5.8m contingent upon inspection. I'm ruthless, ehh? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Later!

[ November 23, 2002, 07:56: Message edited by: Harvieux ]
Old November 24th, 2002, 13:58   #13
Bob L

"m" or "k"? Don't they both mean 1000? "m" is the Roman numeral for 1000, and "k"... kilo, kilometer, but what is the root word or origin of "kilo"? Regardless (not "irregardless"-a pet peeve of mine), the Golf has 70,000 miles on it. I'm back from my trip, will have photos of the Passat in an hour or so.
Old November 24th, 2002, 16:57   #14
Harvieux

Hi Folks, Here are the pictures that Bob emailed to me. I can only keep them here for a week or so due to limited web space so, buy the friggin thing, ehh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] If you want to view these in a larger format, contact Bob or me and we will email them to you. Later!

http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/glamourshot_1.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/glamourshot_2.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/glamourshot_3.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/glamourshot_4.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/l-rdoor_6.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/rt-rdoor_5.jpg

[ November 24, 2002, 17:00: Message edited by: Harvieux ]
Old November 24th, 2002, 19:11   #15
Bob L

Harvieux, thanks for posting them. I have closeups of every body panel for those who are interested. If you notice on the right rear door, the car has one little spot of rust. There is none on the rocker panel or the other door.

I will either:

a) Have it professionally fixed
b) Make an allowance for the rust and let the buyer fix it.