www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old February 24th, 2019, 09:31   #1456
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

I had mine hard wired directly to the overhead console. Nearly invisible which is one thing I wanted. Something that wouldn't immediately draw attention or have to be removed and replaced every time I drove. Enjoy yours though!
Old February 24th, 2019, 10:31   #1457
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: In the sig

Washed mine after over a month of having it. Finally have some good weather on the horizon. I love that it’s white. Makes washing it so much easier! I don’t have to go back and get troubled areas because it’s darn near impossible to see anything on it! Takes about half the time my truck did! These are my go to choice of tools for this job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old February 25th, 2019, 15:28   #1458
tdidieselbobny
Veteran Member

On Friday I took the wagon in for the rear spring recall and tire rotation. So far so good.....
97 Passat TDI-420,688 miles,totalled by 86yr.old lady-gone,but not forgotten-'15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen w/DSG, 34k miles....'16 Kubota BX1870 MMM/FEL, 188hrs!And now an '03 Jetta TDI 5spd w/ 431k,RC2,Sprint 520's,Dieselgeek short shifter and oil bypass, and a few other goodies....
tdidieselbobny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 17:37   #1459
Geist296

What is this spring recall you speak of? Although haven't had the factory springs on for a year. Just curious
Geist296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 09:33   #1460
AGOODHI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MKVII GSW

i just discovered the hidden drawer under the driver's seat

AGOODHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 11:06   #1461
Discovery
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGOODHI View Post
i just discovered the hidden drawer under the driver's seat
What model? No drawer in mine.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 11:27   #1462
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
What model? No drawer in mine.

This drawer under the driver seat is a golf only thing I was told my my sales lady when I found mine on the test drive.

Old March 1st, 2019, 15:25   #1463
Discovery
Veteran Member

Sportwagen SEL here, no drawer
Old March 1st, 2019, 16:32   #1464
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Interesting. Mine is the SE and has it 2015 Golf TDI Sportswagen SE with the DSG.

Old March 1st, 2019, 16:52   #1465
Chris Bell
Veteran Member

SELs have no room for the drawer because of the additional power seat motors & drives.
'96 Passat variant
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio
Chris Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 23:56   #1466
Discovery
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bell View Post
SELs have no room for the drawer because of the additional power seat motors & drives.
That's explain it
Old March 2nd, 2019, 00:20   #1467
austintg
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 21,000 mile average 38.81MPG

Installed a hitch for hitch mounted bike racks and whatever else!
austintg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 17:23   #1468
tdidieselbobny
Veteran Member

I put another set of H7 ZXE headlights in, as the drivers side crapped out on Monday. Of course I found the spare one I had after I got done installing the new ones. Still need to take splash guard off bottom and make sure I don't see any pink traces anywhere before I'm out of the 36k warranty, coolant hasn't dropped anymore since last service, so I'm hoping no problems.
97 Passat TDI-420,688 miles,totalled by 86yr.old lady-gone,but not forgotten-'15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen w/DSG, 34k miles....'16 Kubota BX1870 MMM/FEL, 188hrs!And now an '03 Jetta TDI 5spd w/ 431k,RC2,Sprint 520's,Dieselgeek short shifter and oil bypass, and a few other goodies....
tdidieselbobny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2019, 13:59   #1469
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintg View Post
Installed a hitch for hitch mounted bike racks and whatever else!
Handy, I'm sure, but in many areas, bikes are best transported inside the car. The sportwagens, both my '09 and now the '15, have a large door opening so I can get each of my bikes inside with the front wheel on. When done carefully with the front wheels off, I can get both my bike and my wife's bike in the car. They remain clean and much more difficult to steal. Good info if you've never tried it. Now for the kayak, however, . . .
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 08:22   #1470
codyayrton

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid86 View Post
That is a nice one you got. The price was right this one... The top section is actually for cable management/concealment.
I've got one very similar to yours by a different brand. I didn't use the cable concealers and mounted it up closer to the headliner. Mine is mounted with a clear view like yours as well. People rarely notice it. Two people that I know of in the past two or three years. A gate guard at a military base that probably wouldn't have noticed it if my traffic antenna wasn't attached to the windshield next to the cam, and one other random guy at a rest area. I've driven through that same gate security several times before with no guard noticing, including the guard that finally did. They're not allowed on base so the guards are actively looking for them.

codyayrton is offline   Reply With Quote