www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old February 15th, 2019, 15:47   #1
benmarks
Veteran Member
Default Window Motors for Power Folding Memory Mirrors

I have read through the threads for connecting power folding memory mirrors. I have a 2004 Jetta. Will these parts work for the window motors:

1C0959801B 03E
1C0959802C 03E

I guess what I'm really asking is whether the "03E" matters since I guess that means they're for a Seat.
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror
benmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2019, 16:30   #2
Matt-98AHU
Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor

Fuel Economy: Depends on which TDI :)

Do you have the central convenience control module to match? It seems the power folding mirrors come on cars that also have power memory seats and climatronic, which would also give them the ability to automatically dip the passenger side mirror when in reverse.

And, oddly, the auto dipping part requires the power memory seat module to function along with the correct central convenience module. I'm assuming to have the power folding option, you'd also need at least the correct central module and of course the switch.
Old February 15th, 2019, 16:48   #3
benmarks
Veteran Member

I am assembling everything right now. Do you mean a CCM from a Seat to match these motors or the 1C0 CCM? I have power memory seats from a Jetta GLX and the appropriate Kufatec harness to wire them. I should have the 1C0 CCM since I have a 2004 CAN-BUS car. I am ordering the mirror wiring kit from Cascade German that comes with the switch. And, I have the "G" mirrors, parts 1J1857507G and 1J1857508G. From what I understand, the other things I need are the window motors that go in the doors. The part numbers above match the ones listed in the main forum guide, except for the "03E." That thread doesn't mention anything else that I would need.
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror
benmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 13:54   #4
RexNICO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

I think you can just swap Passat B5.5 window motherboards into your window motors.

I have lots of parts from where I was toying with idea of doing this, let me know if you’re looking for anything specific.